Victas products

Kasper

Hi, got fire place to do, was thinking of using those victas products instead of s&c. Anyone used it before? Whats the coverage, does it finish off alright? I was gonna float the inside with the victas render system smooth. Then skim the face of it with their plaster. Reason of why to use it is I don't really trust s&c in fire places

pink board and tape joint.

or sand cement line and paint.

or sand cement lime and victas skim but like 70quid for 3m2
If I used fire line whats best to use to dab it on with? Price is not a issue as they got money. Just don't want come backs. What would you use to tap it with, is there any heat resistant filler or something? Cheers lads

Victas will only guarantee their product if you follow their fairly ‘strict’ application/curing times and firing-up log burner for first time. If you want no come-back, use it. And if punter is paying get extra to practice.

If I used fire line whats best to use to dab it on with? Price is not a issue as they got money. Just don't want come backs. What would you use to tap it with, is there any heat resistant filler or something? Cheers lads
Hardie backer stuck with flexible tile adhesive

Might give it a go with that victas stuff, but thar hardie backer board seems fairly promising. What's the coverage like witj victas, would 2 tubs of that backing coat be enough for standard size fire place ?

speak to our tape consultant @tapit

Might give it a go with that victas stuff, but thar hardie backer board seems fairly promising. What's the coverage like witj victas, would 2 tubs of that backing coat be enough for standard size fire place ?
Wouldn’t use the backing just stick hardie backer and vitcas skim. I leave the hardie backer as is unless it’s bigger than a sheet at the back.

I’ve used the victus skim coat on wickes cement boards, like Topspread says follow the instructions for mixing and it’s like tile adhesive to apply.
I dabbed the boards on with standard dab(1/3 of dabs) and tile adhesive dabs(2/3 of dabs) as I find the standard dab gets the initial grab and goes off faster.
I used their PVA and scrim but would say you’d get away with sbr and normal scrim.
Don’t apply finish without sbr ing the boards first as it will pull in to quick.

I’ve used the victus skim coat on wickes cement boards, like Topspread says follow the instructions for mixing and it’s like tile adhesive to apply.
I dabbed the boards on with standard dab(1/3 of dabs) and tile adhesive dabs(2/3 of dabs) as I find the standard dab gets the initial grab and goes off faster.
I used their PVA and scrim but would say you’d get away with sbr and normal scrim.
Don’t apply finish without sbr ing the boards first as it will pull in to quick.
Thanks bud, I'm gonna mention the way I wanted to do it in first place to them and the way you and few others mentioned and we'll see what they want. Cheers gents

Lime sand render is ok but takes time, 2-3 coats, I put some fibres in the first coat to strengthen it up.

flexible floor tile adhesive and cement board all day long. Even the Vitcas cartridge board adhesive is slow and doesn't grip fast. Did one before xmas and got another one to do soon. if it'sd wider thsan pone board then use two and put the two decdent edges together in the centre - gets hidden by the stove pipe, or fill any gaps with the tile cement if you using white.

just dab vitcas board as mentioned with tile adhesive, No need to skim, cut your boards precise and they can just be painted