Very strange, could the plaster be dry?

Members online

Ecobrus

Hi, after I had the walls in this top level flat plastered, there was a leak in the roof that caused the wall to get wet, thus lasted about 8 weeks of drying and reoccurring. The roof was fixed about 11 weeks ago and we have HD very fine weather during this time. However the top of the wall still looks damp. Could this be stained rater than wet? The attached pictures are from over the past few moths with the top one being today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_092741.jpg
    IMG_20200525_092741.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20200229_095921.jpg
    IMG_20200229_095921.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20200225_190145.jpg
    IMG_20200225_190145.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200221_184234.jpg
    IMG_20200221_184234.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 171
Just to add, 2 months ago after the leak was fixed the roofers did the dye test to make sure water wasn't still coming through. So after months or sunny weather and barley any rain I'm confused why that patch still looks damp.

Just to add, 2 months ago after the leak was fixed the roofers did the dye test to make sure water wasn't still coming through. So after months or sunny weather and barley any rain I'm confused why that patch still looks damp.

what sort of roof?

Photos attached. You can see the wall is drenched, this is before the guttering and hop was replaced and the roof was repaired.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528_062545_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528_062545_com.whatsapp.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20200528_062342_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528_062342_com.whatsapp.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20200528_062357_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528_062357_com.whatsapp.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
odd....
could it be a leaky overflow pipe from a system boiler (not a combi, one where you have a copper cylinder in a cupboard) and the pipes been pushed back into the fascia? ballcock not quite set right and theres maybe a tiny drip..drip...drip behind the fascia?

ere wait a minute...
whoever heard of a roofer doing a "dye test"???
a dye test is used by plumbers or groundworkers/drainage companies to trace the flow of water in a pipe system... as in pour it down the sink, see which manhole it appears at etc...
a roofer doing a dye test? whats that telling you? yeh your roof still leaks mate but its f**k all to do with us??
youre being mugged off mate...

Looks wet.
Stains don’t travel and change shape, water travels and wet patches grow and shrink.
Roofing issue seems.
Hope it is a leaking pipe? Or worse Scenario is it a flat warm roof with EPDM covering? Interstitial condensation issue? If so put cupboard up over wet patch and sell the flat

But we've had no rain for 2 months and full sun. Even if there was a leak the plater should have dried right? The sun is on that wall all day, plus I've had dehumidifier running for the first 6 weeks. Does this suggest either a pipe leak (if there is one), or the wall being stained and is in fact dry?

Looks wet.
Stains don’t travel and change shape, water travels and wet patches grow and shrink.
Roofing issue seems.
Hope it is a leaking pipe? Or worse Scenario is it a flat warm roof with EPDM covering? Interstitial condensation issue? If so put cupboard up over wet patch and sell the flat
Blimley, hope not the later.

Could be stain from what the roofer used to fix leak? Resin type stuffs?
Has someone checked for plumbing issues up inside roof? June is nearly here and we usually get thunderstorms so you’ll know in the end if it is a leaky roof. If it never gets worse after all Paint it with Zinsser Bullseye primer maybe?

Could be stain from what the roofer used to fix leak? Resin type stuffs?
Has someone checked for plumbing issues up inside roof? June is nearly here and we usually get thunderstorms so you’ll know in the end if it is a leaky roof. If it never gets worse after all Paint it with Zinsser Bullseye primer maybe?
Thanks monkey boy. Good advise. I've got a decorator going over today to take a damp metre reading. But you're right, need a storm to know if the roof is fixed.

Thanks monkey boy. Good advise. I've got a decorator going over today to take a damp metre reading. But you're right, need a storm to know if the roof is fixed.
Just get up there with a hosepipe.... Because you can direct the flow of water to a specific spot you can find the source of water ingress in a few minutes... Ice found what was believed to be a leaky roof to be dodgy pointing before today using this method... My moneys on pipework leaking and the roof wss never needing fixing in the first place.. That is unless it gets or got worse when it rained...