very keen apprentice in wigan area looking for a chance

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stitch

Im 35 and from Wigan/Leigh area looking for a chance to work with a plasterer after completing level 1&2 plastering diploma. Love the trade and would jump at the chance of an apprenticeship. I have transport, tools and will go and get my own cscs card if needed. Please get in touch if you can help or even give advice. Many thanks, Ian.

Worth sorting a CSCS card anyway if you intend going on site around £17 for the test and £30 for the card. Can actually have it in a couple of days just takes away that one little issue if you get offered a start and it's required.

Would i need to do the test after doing equivalant h&s exams at college or do i show proof of pass certificates and pay £30 for a card? Surely they dont make you sit same test twice do they?

If you have reccently passed college you would have done the test pretty sure you get a year to apply for card after sitting it. If you ring them up at CSCS it will be on the system and it should also have what qualifications you have so you get the skilled worker card.

Just been going through my certificates and now im really confused (not hard for me haha). It says level 2 diploma QCF and on the back it gives 9 units completed with an amount of credits for each. Im not sure what cscs card this would allow me if anyone is in the know? Im going to try and get a picture of what im waffling on about in the hope someone could explain in simple terms for me.

Attachments

• 20141018_202428.jpg
    20141018_202428.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 347
Thanks very much pal, appreciate it. If ever you need an extra pair of hands for free and wouldnt mind passing a bit of experience on i would be very greatfull. Ian.

If you have reccently passed college you would have done the test pretty sure you get a year to apply for card after sitting it. If you ring them up at CSCS it will be on the system and it should also have what qualifications you have so you get the skilled worker card.

Rang cscs today, they found my qualifications on their system but say i have to go and there h&s test @£17 even though ive already passed same test. Sounds like they having me over. Oh well.

good luck lad what were y doing for the last 20 years

Hi mate, ive been a labourer for a plasterer, joiner, brickies etc so have a good overall knowledge of how things run. Plastering is all i want to do really, love the job.

First attempt the other week at sand and cement render. My old folks said i could let loose on the back of their bungalow. Dont think it turned out bad.

Attachments

• 20140917_173752.jpg
    20140917_173752.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 354
Heres a ceiling i did that i wished i never started. Pic was took from center of room facing one corner, 11m x 11m, nearly killed me off that did hahaha.

Attachments

• 20140520_143739.jpg
    20140520_143739.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 359
Why are you looking to work with a plasterer ,when you are turning out this level of work ?

I can do the work no prob keith but i feel that just becase ive done 2 years at college doesnt give me the right to walk out that college door and sell myself as an experienced plasterer. I passed my level 2 diploma with a distinction, even won an award but its in my head that i need the nvq2 and the experience that can only come from serving my time along side a plasterer. Hope that makes a bit of sense.

It was only skim on board, there was a young lad mixing for me that day. It was a long day but got it done. I would not want to do that again, felt like my arm was goin fall off haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.