Vertical or horizontal screeds?

Members online

Dr pepper

Afternoon people, hope all is fine an dandy?

Had a ganders through the forum an must admit this subject has done the rounds few times but been doing some floating last week (hardwall) thought change it up a bit an used horizontal screeds one about head height and one along bottom of wall, from one end to other end of wall plumb then rule in off them. And seem fair bit quicker then other methods have tried.

Usually put screeds vertically either end of wall an float down from top till hit floor.

Have dabbled in the world of free ruling loading wall on an going for it and smaller areas this does the trick.

No right or wrong as long as ya get there in end just wondered peoples preference?

Thanking you please!

Screeds vertically @ Windows & @ 1.8 intervals. &@ corners
Full dot board @ window head only to meet verticals

your welcome

Screeds vertically @ Windows & @ 1.8 intervals. &@ corners
Full dot board @ window head only to meet verticals

your welcome
Let S Go GIF by memecandy

not even looking at video seen it years ago plastering is a trade and should be respected for it tried out all things over the years none lasted longer than first mix
It's only suitable for industrial look buildings norm , ain't gonna take work off average spread as it leaves vertical seams between sections , rather see the blocks tbh

It's only suitable for industrial look buildings norm , ain't gonna take work off average spread as it leaves vertical seams between sections , rather see the blocks tbh
the best tools for plastering are hanging from your shoulders pal

Verticals I put on first then the horizontals pretty much like a box then come down from the top about a metre a time and rule off

I miss proper plastering on site, float all morning go for a scran while the lab gets set up for finishing in the afternoon. Now it's just skimming.:llorando:

Thats the way I was taught norm to rule the whole thing off but I use to get a clip round the ear off the spreads for digging into the screeds
agree m8 im going back to the days of sand lime internals /no glass in windows /no external doors on float the house out and leave for weeks before going back to put set coat on /imagine leaving a house now not locked ffs who times have changed

i have found that floating techniques vary from 1 area of the country to an other.
some float freehand others have screeds like a picture frame, some lay on a box and keep ruling off making up the next box.
i make my mind up when i see the area and what is going to be attached to it.

i have found that floating techniques vary from 1 area of the country to an other.
some float freehand others have screeds like a picture frame, some lay on a box and keep ruling off making up the next box.
im a picture frame man

agree m8 im going back to the days of sand lime internals /no glass in windows /no external doors on float the house out and leave for weeks before going back to put set coat on /imagine leaving a house now not locked ffs who times have changed
I wasn't fortunate enough to learn lime plastering was always sand cement or browning when I was learning wish I could of learnt that aspect of the trade really, to right times have changed leave a house unlocked now your either getting burgled or squatters locking themselves in

We would vertically screed, then horizontal screed middle then the top and bottom and fill the boxes and rule off.