Venetian Training

Members online

Mr.T

Hi all, I haven’t done any before but love the look of venetian plaster so I’m tempted to do a course on it. Gold Trowel seems to be the best place from what I’ve seen. It’s not cheap so looking to know if anyone has done a course there and think it’s worthwhile? As in did you go on to get much work after the course...

Cheers Danny, did you feel confident enough to start using it in a clients home after the course? Or is it something that takes alot of getting used to

The course will teach you the fundamentals of how to apply the Venetian plasters and techniques. Also lots of information about preparation work which is vital. Some pick it up quicker than others. You may feel confident to do a small wall straight away. As with anything practise is key. The hardest part is getting work afterwards. It' doable but don' rely on getting jobs straight away so don' hang up your skimming trowel just yet.

Got ya, thanks. Would you say there is work in the domestic area? Or is it mainly commercial, restaurants, shops etc