Venetian Marble Courses

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

carraraboy

I wanted to add my pennies worth to this forum having been a spread for almost 28 yrs. I have worked all over the world doing much plastering from the Germany days to present. I have done much research into courses coz I hate parting with money, but am sick of spreading,even though I have made a tidy profit over the years. I visited ableskills in Kent initally and went on the rampage to see who can deliver venetian marble plastering elsewhere, off to Essex to a company called goldtrowel, Be honest I already checked them out but I suppose it was curiosity that killed the cat. Anyway for those guys wishing to do this,:RpS_biggrin: then do a minimumn 5 days at Goldtrowel. I have quite a bit of work coming up due to the fact that armourcoat have messed up a job, friend of a friend ish. I have learn't so many finishes and done a fair bit of meterage, that I really do feel confident. Good quality products produce blinding results. So for those people wanting to do this go see Andy, as Danny says they are pretty bang on there.

Cheers for the review.... I have to say that the training center in the last few years has come on leaps and bounds... I am actually happy to have them on teh site they really do know what they are on about...

Welcome to the forum by the way

Danny

Agree with you there carraraboy. Done the Venetian and Fibrous courses at goldtrowel a few years back. Best money I ever spent. Haven't done much polished work since but still have the skill set to do it. The lads who run the courses (not sure if it's still the same blokes) are top notch and manage to teach you a hell of a lot in a short time providing you are willing to learn. The time you spend there is a good fukcing laugh too!!! :RpS_thumbup:

I learnt how to do it when I was in Kuwait as a project manager for a messive EIFS job for Dryvit I basically watched the I****n guys doing it when on my breaks or wandering round the site, i got talking to the boss of the firm and he gave me a few tips on different finishes, the first big job i did in the UK was priced against Armourcoat, I went in at half thier quote and still made a mint, anyway, in my opinion polished plaster is all about knowing your substrates, getting the backgrounds ready for polishing and knowing your materials, dont expect to be able to do long stretches yourself like skimming, use extra labour for big walls I am busy quoting for an outside staircase wall on a water tower and the client wants it to look like lead.... anyway i asked them why not just clad it in lead... and he said it would be gone the first time he turned his back

Status
Not open for further replies.