Vans

Members online

No members online now.

Lastlaff

Looking at getting a VW Transporter - anyone on here owned this? The salesman (slippery fukcer), said it was owned by a plasterer since 2016 and has just upgraded to a Crafter. The racking through me as it doesn’t look great apart from the bottom boxing on the right for beads.
560D9A7D-A2C1-4630-B35F-10F720409D25.png
755A55F9-6D71-4219-99DD-4E81784DA81C.png

Anyone on here who’s got one and is not a shortarse - steering wheel looks quite close to seat with bulkhead in.

Looking at getting a VW Transporter - anyone on here owned this? The salesman (slippery fukcer), said it was owned by a plasterer since 2016 and has just upgraded to a Crafter. The racking through me as it doesn’t look great apart from the bottom boxing on the right for beads.
View attachment 42191View attachment 42192
Y do you whant spend so much on a van to be covered in s**t. Unless you got money to throw away. If you have throw it to me so I can clear my morgatge

Swb is all I need. Most (I fact I don’t know any) that wii get an 8x4 upright and straight in.

Don’t understand van designer not allowing enough length for the standard 8x4 to fit in a SWB - jumping up to a LWB is cat.

I had a T5 for 11 years. Great van. Don’t get a SWB though. I had to remove the bulkhead and slide boards over the seats to get them in. Plus the 102’s wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding

Got 05 transit lwb minibus 25000 miles from auction , bit of rust and a few dents in the side cost £3k after mot , always a chance buying second hand

withvat £15345 .oo and you wont get 8x4 sheets in it only corner t corner

For that money I'd want it to carry the boards into the job and fit them!

Seriously, it's crazy what people will pay for no discernible benefit. Transporters are decent vans, in some people's opinions they're better than a Vivaro or Transit. Although they obviously don't do anything others vans can, I guess it's a personal choice thing.

However what they're not is twice as good, and you could buy two transits or vivaros (same year, mileage etc) for that money.

Don’t understand van designer not allowing enough length for the standard 8x4 to fit in a SWB - jumping up to a LWB is cat.

They all seem to be based around getting a Euro Pallet or two in the back.

Vivaro lwb can get them in upright mate and 2.5 metre beads only bummer is 3 metres plus beads no
The lwb is only slightly bigger than the swb

hole in bulkhead or rhino roof tube
There is a lift up flap in bulk head in vivaro for them but I think it’s on the wrong side , it’s under passenger seat should be under drivers side so can still load bags into side door
For £13k he could get a brand new