Van van vans!!! :(

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
Need to find a van!! What vans do you men have?

Vivaros? Anyone? Heard a lot of bad things about them, but there's one at a garage near me fella seems quite honest, said it came in as a part ex and the fella said its been a nightmare but he's done all the bad things, ie egr valve, gearbox, can belt etc etc, £1900 Mot, no tax, clean, 100k drives ok bit sluggish on the 5 speed 90bhp

its either get a biggish van thinking for sheets, or get a small one ie combo or something for under £1500 and clear the insurance off in one. :RpS_confused:

Help!!

Leave the vivaro alone massive issues with glow plugs
trannys are a good buy if you can find a half decent one
i have a Toyota hiace lwb it's amazing just keeps going

I have a Renault Trafic, same as Vivaro, and they are a great motor.
mine is an 05 plate, has done nearly 140k and has sailed through the last 2 MOT's without a single advisory.
I have 6 speed 140bhp.
I heard about the gearboxes going on these but I think it was the early models and have not heard anything for a while. If he has fixed everything and offers a warranty on it then fine.
But, if he is prepared to tell you all that, what is he not telling you?

I have a Renault Trafic, same as Vivaro, and they are a great motor.
mine is an 05 plate, has done nearly 140k and has sailed through the last 2 MOT's without a single advisory.
I have 6 speed 140bhp.
I heard about the gearboxes going on these but I think it was the early models and have not heard anything for a while. If he has fixed everything and offers a warranty on it then fine.
But, if he is prepared to tell you all that, what is he not telling you?

Yeah exactly I've heard it was the pre 54 plates that have the issues and this is the 54 plate..

Just don't know wether to go for a little combo with a decent rack low mileage and economical, or a bigger van...

even though hes done the egr valve it will go again its just something that vauxhals do trust me

Old school fella I served my time with used a Volvo estates! Never bought a van in his life. Was good in the winter though with heated seats :-D

he ?

He was'nt called smithy by any chance was he ?

Nah. There was a few oldn's used volvo's round here. He loaded it up with sand and cement one day and we got pulled by the police. Copper said WTF you doin, you look like thunderbird 1 haha! Looked like we were trying to take off!

Nah. There was a few oldn's used volvo's round here. He loaded it up with sand and cement one day and we got pulled by the police. Copper said WTF you doin, you look like thunderbird 1 haha! Looked like we were trying to take off!

Sounds like mine last week!! Needed more sand and cement! Got 15 bags in but nearly killed the thing!

Going to get a transit swb for me, cheapest insurance out of the vans i found, well apart from the fiat ducato but then its a fiat... also cheap parts and cheap to buy

Spanky for 2k your not going to get anything special, go with the vivaro if you get a couple of years then thats not too bad ... Anything can happen with any van its pot luck :)

I borrowed my bro in laws Vivaro (SWB) while he was in Costa Rica. It was a nice motor with plenty of oomph in the engine and handled well. I got a pi**ed off that 8X4 sheets would not fit in apart from diagonally and then they flapped from side to side going round corners!
Anyway, he came home and needed his van back so I got a Peugeot Boxer mwb. Bloody great so far. Drives like a car, not only eats 8x4 sheets but also takes my 10' scaffold boards as well. Got mine from vansgbdotcom. I think you will really struggle to get a decent motor for £2k. I had about the same to spend and ended up going down the finance route. Van cost £5.5k at £120.00 a month. Well happy with that. Hope this helps bud!

Spankster, found you this dream machine !.:RpS_thumbup:
UnbelievablecarmodificationfromJapan6_zps7a8b17db.jpg

the artexmobile.:RpS_biggrin:

Just bought a 2005 swb tranny (van not bird with stubble) with 100k on clock for £1800. First van and well happy so far. It's the 85bhp 280 but got plenty of pull thanks to a reconditioned turbo. Spent half a day ply lining and putting a raised platform in so it can take 20x 8ft boards under with all gear on top. Few little built in cubbyholes to hide drills etc in case the local gypos have a go. The vivaro prob looks a bit smarter but I'm sold on the transit so far.

£450 fully comp as well.

Hi I have a swb Nissan primastar same as the vivaro and traffic , mine is a 56 plate 87k all been fine till 70k k since then in 17 k miles I have had 2 new suspension arms on the front drivers and passenger from euro parts the parts cost £170 failed the mot 1 year and 3 weeks , phoned euro parts sorry out of warranty , they are s*** parts , bought Nissan ones £300 ,also one inner on passenger and 1 outer track rod end driver side, 2 new ball joints left and right on front , and just the other day van cut out for no reason , my local mechanic found on his diagnostics machine the diesel prv had gone luckily he is my father in laws mate so always looks after me , you van buy the pressure relief valve on its own for £110 , most garages try and sell you the whole injector 4 bar which is £400 to buy

I did think about selling it but if I buy a 2 or 3 year old , who knows what can go wrong it and I can't afford a new van like vivaro traffic is 13k transports 20 k , transits I have mates who have had problems so you can't win

Status
Not open for further replies.