van racking

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

I'm getting a new van in the holiday and need ideas for racking. its mainly to hold levels, screws, drills etc. any pics or hints would be much appreciated.

i just got a nice wooden rack on ebay for £130 sits on top of wheel arch i might get 2

go with the floor, and the link i sent u can knock a few secotions out to hold more kit in,,

Hello Mate
Got same van medium roof, love it, did the mod on the floor for boards 6/3 can slide about 8 in, steel tube fits inside aswell so need to strap it to top, got most of my gear hanging up on the walls on hooks etc, stick the bags in the rear in plastic tubs

best to get the mwb transit m8 they are 9 ft in the back so room for 8-4's and bags of gear or tools boxes in fron t of them.

bit late now jason, ive already put my deposit down. to be honest im thinking that i'll end up just putting them in on the piss as most of my gear will be on the rack leaving only buckets and hopup on the floor

If you've got a lab Steve, let him decide where the tools go - unless he's a thick fukker. He'll be the one going back and forward to the van:RpS_thumbup:

no lab mate, although i know what youre saying. within 6 months of starting with my old boss i had competely changed the back of the van to the way i got things out and put them away. all im thinking is a rack for levels, props, drills, floats, screws, scrim, sweeping brush bla bla. then on the left hand side im going to put a rail out of lath to hold my trowels so they are out the way. to be honest i probably wont need a false floor the amount of 8x4s i actually carry.

I use some old metal wardrobe poles for hanging trowels on, stronger than wooden lats......I'll get a pic tomorrow if I remember.:RpS_thumbup:

why would you do a job that size and hand apply it.
If you used a plastering machine you would have used far less labour and done it quicker.

Thanks danny .... It was lime render job thats why i hand applied it... also i dont own a machine... but we will not go into that scenario again... the reason i have seating and sleeping area is its just very handy we sit and have our bait in there if no site cabin, and when i go to spain i often grab a few hours in the back and save a few squids on digs... the van is big enough

i was hoping for a bit more of a bite. St astiere do NHL pre bagged it goes through a small machine aswell. The backing coat can be applied as thick as you need in one coat. I have sprayed a front approx 60 mts and 30- 40mm thick in one day. In some areas it was over 90mm i was impressed by the building out qualities. It was expensive material i think i was charging 70 quid just for the base coat. A normal lime render would not be used like that because you have to leave each pass dry out etc.

Worth looking at that stuff if you not used it. The first 30mm over the 60 m2 was money for old rope pumping it on

Hi I'm new to the site and have also just bought a SWB transit and would like some ideas about racking etc. Could you possibly send me some link as I'm finding it difficult to find ideas on the web. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.