Van prices

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Is this about right lads for the spec ?
603FE099-5883-4645-AF91-F2DB952F419B.png

Is this about right lads for the spec ?
View attachment 61872
Depends on the mileage, but it's about the money. Newtransits have shot up in price. I've one on a 70 plate bought new in October last year same spec as that but rear wheel drive., and I paid £26k plus vat, although I Claim vat back.
I have 2 vans the exact same spec as that,310, 130 is a goods spec, looks like a trend aswell.

Don’t know what to do I need a newer bigger one but as you say am scared to buy one atm
My old vivaro was at 75000 miles and I got £1600 for that nowadays the same mileage go for about £13 k lol

Don’t know what to do I need a newer bigger one but as you say am scared to buy one atm
My old vivaro was at 75000 miles and I got £1600 for that nowadays the same mileage go for about £13 k lol
I’ve had my Transit for nearly 5 years. I could honestly sell it for what I paid for it :bailando:

my pal has just sold his 1 year old transit to a dealer for £2,000 more then he paid for it.

Fords vans are now built in Turkey, the body panels are often out of alinement. when you complain they are told that it is all within the tolerances.

It’s disgusting. It’s miles out of line with a rise in earnings. The money rolling around in vans now is astronomical. An eye watering £35k -£40k for new ones to throw plaster and tools in the back.
Why is it though,
It's just supply and demand, transits are currently on a limited run where they make them in turkey due to covid, there's a boom in self employed couriers that are buying panel vans up and once you buy one they don't depreciate as much as they once did. If you do your tax right they cost you very little anyway. A mid range car is £30k plus and will depreciate like a stone, that kind of money in a van won't and it's the main tool of your trade, and a big advert if sign written.

Why is it though,
It's just supply and demand, transits are currently on a limited run where they make them in turkey due to covid, there's a boom in self employed couriers that are buying panel vans up and once you buy one they don't depreciate as much as they once did. If you do your tax right they cost you very little anyway. A mid range car is £30k plus and will depreciate like a stone, that kind of money in a van won't and it's the main tool of your trade, and a big advert if sign written.
C’mon Rich, 40% in a year and you think that’s fine. What we earn hasn’t gone up anywhere near 40%.
It’s a big empty shell vehicle. The cost isn’t justified. You can buy a small house to rent out for £45k.

C’mon Rich, 40% in a year and you think that’s fine. What we earn hasn’t gone up anywhere near 40%.
It’s a big empty shell vehicle. The cost isn’t justified. You can buy a small house to rent out for £45k.
Ha where can you buy a house for 45k.... you can't in my part of the world that will get you a coal shed..
Last 12 months, Sheet materials have gone up 20%, my skip supplier has gone up 20%, I bought a box of expanding foam last week gun grade, it's gone up 28% in the last 12 months... price of scrap metal is at record Highs. As said call it profiteering, call it what you want, but it's supply and demand isn't it. Plus cheap money about, bounce back loans etc.
In real terms my new vans cost nothing as there a depreciating asset on my balance sheet, so there a tax loss in any case, then on top of that I claim all the vat back.

Ha where can you buy a house for 45k.... you can't in my part of the world that will get you a coal shed..
Last 12 months, Sheet materials have gone up 20%, my skip supplier has gone up 20%, I bought a box of expanding foam last week gun grade, it's gone up 28% in the last 12 months... price of scrap metal is at record Highs. As said call it profiteering, call it what you want, but it's supply and demand isn't it. Plus cheap money about, bounce back loans etc.
In real terms my new vans cost nothing as there a depreciating asset on my balance sheet, so there a tax loss in any case, then on top of that I claim all the vat back.
St Helens :risas:
Well if it continues you know what they call that, hyperinflation.

The prices increases at the moment are nuts. I'm just trying to squeeze as much out of every job as possible. Always price prime the customer (including labour and material increases). We are lucky in a way because our work is generally weighted around 80/20 labour/materials.

Why is it though,
i agree and this year and next itz 125% tax deductable.

Just had my trusty Renault Trafic that I bought new in 2002 written off.
93000 miles fron new in great condition. Doubt I'll get much back from insurance. At least I've got a little Fiesta sportvan to use but I might have to cut down from 3 bags of finish to 2 per day, not that I supply materials just seems like a good idea!

As @owls said it's just the market forces, but that doesn't make it any less crazy. The Vivaro went back up by £2k in the last 12 months according to 'we buy any van', and the Hiab truck I bought Jan 2020 has gone up by £2k too. The hiab's getting sold this year as I don't use it much now, and I want to make the most of the increase.

House prices have gone fcuking mental, ours have earned more in the last 12 months than Mrs Imago and I have combined.

How things will pan out long term is anyone's guess, but I reckon there's another year of increases ahead.

As @owls said it's just the market forces, but that doesn't make it any less crazy. The Vivaro went back up by £2k in the last 12 months according to 'we buy any van', and the Hiab truck I bought Jan 2020 has gone up by £2k too. The hiab's getting sold this year as I don't use it much now, and I want to make the most of the increase.

House prices have gone fcuking mental, ours have earned more in the last 12 months than Mrs Imago and I have combined.

How things will pan out long term is anyone's guess, but I reckon there's another year of increases ahead.
Again houses it's supply and demand combined with cheap borrowings etc.
Ours is the same, I don't live in a mansion but ours is going up a good £50 grand a year, but as I say to the Mrs it's only paper money, as I don't intend on moving or downsizing so the only people that will benefit are my kids when I'm 6ft under.