Van finance

Zippydragon

Can’t find a decent van on my budget so looking at putting 3 k down on either a Toyota proace or a transit connect lwb. Has anyone put similar down on a van before and how much will I be looking at per month on hp? I’m clueless with this stuff

Can’t find a decent van on my budget so looking at putting 3 k down on either a Toyota proace or a transit connect lwb. Has anyone put similar down on a van before and how much will I be looking at per month on hp? I’m clueless with this stuff
I’ve done it before. Don’t do it . I got pcp with balloon payment . Thing is van wasn’t worth the balloon payment. Ended up losing £2k. I would get a bank loan of around £6k and buy a decent used van . That’s what I did . It’s nearly paid for now . Plus interest rates on loans now days are really low compared to the depreciation on a new van .

What’s your monthly budget?

I reckon I could fill a 40 tonner but very restricted on parking and need to be able to fit into the multi storey near house so a transit connect lwb. As long as my tools and some 6x3s can go in anything more I get delivered

What s**t heaps have you been looking at mate? Hahahahaha!
What sort of van do you think you’re gonna get for £140 a month?
It was a new in in Ford garage. Prob a catch once you go inside. I got mine from a place in chesterfield. Ex royal mail 07 54.000 on clock . Touch wood been a dream. 5 grand I give . They had tons of em

100-120 but depends on how much I can offset with deposit. May try get a bit more together to get it down
You looking at a second hand one? Transit connects are ok I think? I had my fair share of old bangers nd got a new one in 2016 the monthly payments are expensive

The way I buy a brand new motorcycle every few years is this....

I register for an American express credit card with 36 months interest free and also they give cashback on purchases... I got 5% which is basically 5% discount.

I then split the payments up into 36 and then pay it off....

I also don't buy anything I don't have the money in the bank for (i know many are not in that situation) so just dump the full amount that the bike cost into another bank and set a standing order up and off I go....

It's free money :)

Myself and Jane pay for everything on a credit card because of the 5% cashback and then pay it off at the end of each month... credit card companies hate us but we work it to our advantage

I’m thinking an ex British Gas lwb caddy , can get a 2013 with 30k on for 6500plus vat from a dealer with a years extended warranty

if i was to purchase a van ,try to buy private or cash deal to avoid V.A.T.
localy we have a very large car / van auction, with 1 day a week vans only. usually end of lease, british gas ,royal mail etc.

if i was to purchase a van ,try to buy private or cash deal to avoid V.A.T.
localy we have a very large car / van auction, with 1 day a week vans only. usually end of lease, british gas ,royal mail etc.
Is that blackbusche?

Menheim auctions, Colchester auctions, it claims to be the largest in europe, have a look at their web page.
It is at Frating, about 7 mile outside of Colchester just off the A120, Clacton turn off.