Using waterproofer with rendagrip

Members online

No members online now.
I do all the time. Usually when I put a waterproofed scratch on a non suction background I get a bit of suction in the scratch coat. But Rendagrip seem to have some suction so a watering down is sufficient.

I do all the time. Usually when I put a waterproofed scratch on a non suction background I get a bit of suction in the scratch coat. But Rendagrip seem to have some suction so a watering down is sufficient.

How much percentage wise would you say is your work now with sand & cement work apose to modern renders @Rigsby out of intrest?

so are you saying not to use waterproofer when scratchcoating into rendagrip? Sorry but ive not used rendergrip much and this is the first big job using it

so are you saying not to use waterproofer when scratchcoating into rendagrip? Sorry but ive not used rendergrip much and this is the first big job using it

No, use it as you would on bare brick.

I ise it on all brick and old block jobs now whether needed or not. It’s because of my tennis elbow. Instead of having to put a lot of effort in to beat the grab of suction I find with Rendagrip there is little effort required to spread the mortar. Less stress on the joints meaning I might still be spreading when it time to get my state pension.

Over 90% modern systems. But the old ways was less faffing about, just more physical.

Yes 100% agree, cant even remember the last time i was asked for sand & cement if im honest.

Though i hate mono, but enjoy silicone on the right job.

I was ruling off mono today but some of my competitors are now only doing silicone with a sprayed on and left texture. Thats easy with you can get a customer to have it.

I was ruling off mono today but some of my competitors are now only doing silicone with a sprayed on and left texture. Thats easy with you can get a customer to have it.

I may be wrong but i think that the mono fad will eventualy fade out.

I dont think its the right product for our climate.

I think silicone will eventualy be the go to finish.