Using the Ritmo L at height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
Had my lads do a spraying job this morning which was a spray on W, pral only job. It was a favour for a mate. Any it was a gable end about 7m wide and 5m to gutter then the Apex. Because most of it was covered by next doors and only the south facing apex exposed he wanted us spraying from the bottom up. Ok with that.

My lad had just got onto the apex and they had to stop because the air pipe on the gun was becoming blocked as it seems to do every other spray.it was solid so he swapped guns. Then nothing! He apparently then gave up and started to clean out the pipe but it wasnt the pipe the r&s was blocked. So he scooped out the powder and there was quite a lot of moist pral in the mixing zone.

This was a 15m pipe at 6.5m high at speed 10 and 210 water setting. The material appeared to be wet. No idea what the back pressure was.

So my question is do you think it was anything to do with working up rather than down and why does that sodding air pipe keep clogging up so often. Hardy ever got that problem with the 3 phrase.

Pumping at that height I would say.
I did one at similar height and I had issues.back pressure and the material going up into the mixing zone/hopper

Do you spray constantly or is it stop start?

I wasn't there but it would have been constant up to him stopping to clean the air pipe on the gun, which was to solid to clean so time taken cleaning then time getting the spare gun.

I always have the spare gun close by.

If it was my job I would have had a platform on the first lift to accomadate the ritmo, lab and some bags. Maybe an extended lift above for the barrel.

Scaffold was done on the cheap on this job. Barely legal.

Still, my mate was grateful even if he had to put the Apex on by hand with lab mixing. It would have took 3 days they reckoned if they did by hand. But saying that he is 63!

Ive pumped upto 13m high with an m, which isn't as strong a l. It should pump 6.5 high in its sleep.

I have done 6.5m before but it was Granicem L a lot nicer than Pral.m. But on that job we never stopped pumping except for the less than 1 minute it took to pass up between lifts. That was done bottom up.

I think it was the down time with the blocked air pipe. Knowing my other spread he would have tried to use the file. If it doesn't clean in seconds with the file then I swap the gun. Get the lab between bags to clean it. Annoying though how often that pipe blocks up. Anyone get it? This was solid like the material was set. Maybe ice? Wrong time of year though. Winter maybe.

Rarely have it block mid spray, when cleaning the gun though always make a point of running the file through so its spotless and pump bit of water through the gun airline to carry out any s**t in the line.

It will pump to the top of a 6.5 mt gable no problem. Most peeks are more like 8 mts and thats no problem. Did you pressure test the rotor and stator prior to pumping

Pumping at that height I would say.
I did one at similar height and I had issues.back pressure and the material going up into the mixing zone/hopper
Thinking about it I had issues pumping up 5 lifts of scaffold which would be 10m.
Standard scaffold no problem dan

and i've even had air coming out the pipe but not enough to start the machine running that took a while to find so top tip is clean it when your done and before you start in the morning lol

Never had a problem with the eze haha only joking lads. I know the ritmo are good machines but it was one of the reasons I went for the pump only. Cos my lads can run it with no problems not much to go wrong

This is true with machines, but I had G5 used it day in and out for bit less than two years we would have it singing for 4 days then the 5th problems if it's not this its that. But when they work there the best thing since slice bread [emoji106]

My air pipe has blocked on my last couple of sprays also. And fookin solid

Glad I am not the only one.
and i've even had air coming out the pipe but not enough to start the machine running that took a while to find so top tip is clean it when your done and before you start in the morning lol

Always do. Before and after.

I asked my labourer to about the down time up to it not working. The gun was splutering which is a sign of a airline beginning to block. He stopped and had to go down to lifts to get the file. But the hole was solid so he decided to change guns. He got down the scaffold and round the back to find it. Went back and changed the gun but it would not spray. This apparently took about 5 minutes. He had a pipe going straight up about at least 6 metres. I think it was the 5 minutes standing that did it. We have had this problem before with leaving the gun inactive always usually near the top of the wall. Even had it on the 3 phrase once.

It will pump to the top of a 6.5 mt gable no problem. Most peeks are more like 8 mts and thats no problem. Did you pressure test the rotor and stator prior to pumping

10 bar. We had to reset it because he had to take the r&s off and it is now 9 bar.

Simple answer here is if your machine is working fine next time you use it Rigsby then it was the operators error. if its not working fine, establish the fault then get it fixed.

Blones why would my air have blocked twice In the last week but never before? Do the brass shut off valves that I'm now using cause it a bit?

i think you should maybe check the bar pressure when its running with material in the pipe while your spraying 1 bar for each meter of pipe much more and you can get water in the hopper ive had a blockage and it was of the scale i undone the the grill and it popped the rotor out lol

i think you should maybe check the bar pressure when its running with material in the pipe while your spraying 1 bar for each meter of pipe much more and you can get water in the hopper ive had a blockage and it was of the scale i undone the the grill and it popped the rotor out lol

I wanted to read the back pressure but I was not there but it was as wet as we could spray. My lab hasn't a clue looking at that gauge.

Nick. Make sure the air pipe is set back 16 mm on the gun and don't leave it on the ground when its switched off.
Run some water through it when u finish cleaning it and make sure you run water through gun and air pipe before you connect it to material hose

Iv always set air back the same width as the nozzle??
Yeah I never leave it on the floor. Always hang it over the scaffold. Always run water through and stick the pokey through it on cleaning.
I don't put water through air on start up. I'll give It a try

Width *

Don't want to tempt fate, but Iv dropped gun for up to 20 mins while ruling off and meshing, only picking it back up to keep on top of day joints and to stop gear setting in material pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.