Using the Ritmo L at height

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have slways had problems if I leave it more than a few minutes. If you leave it in the pipes for a time isn't it going to stiffen up?

I leave the gun facing downhill into a gorilla tub

ive also had the same problem with the air pipe blocking in he gun. had to order a new air line as it was solid.

I am not sure because he was in a panic cleaning but when I arrived I seem to rember him saying the needle on the gauge was 22 bar but maybe I was dreaming it. 15m pipe. He is off for a few days while we have this heat wave but I will ask him when he gets back. When he started he was spraying down hill about 2m below the Ritmo. I looked at the gauge but it looked almost zero.

2m below the Ritmo? If it appeared to be wet at this level would it be any different as it went above Ritmo level?

Well he is always busy when he comes off holiday. It can wait.

Might call on him Friday if he is not busy.

Rung my pft dealer today. The air pipe problem is down to it not being set right. 12mm nozzle plus the 6mm thickness of the nozzle so 18mm back. Apparentl right but also wrong?

He started spraying downhill 2m below the machine and I looked at the gauge and it looked at zero. I put this down to spraying downhill but appently there should have been some reading and it doesn't matter if you spray down or up the back pressure should be the same?

I asked my spread and it was 22 bar and as wet as he could spray so maybe a faulty gauge? I am at a loss.

I think this is what puts me off getting a Electric machine. Even tho i have seen them working and looked good. Its just all the small problems i read on here about them. Maybe am just old fashioned and like the diesel machines even tho they are a c**t to wash.

As you know I've been trying to educate myself on them this last week with a view to buy second hand, but it's just a minefield, tbh my heads wrecked reading up on them all and I'm not much wiser, then I read the problems on here and I think I must be mad even thinking about it!

I saw a few of your posts from a couple of years ago Bobby, you were in the same boat as me, where I need it for s&c work.
Did you bin off the s&c?

You live and learn by your mistakes. If this air pipe is set wrong (12+6 = 18) and causing it to block then if it is wrong is it too far back or to far forward? Even a diesel spray gun could have this problem.

If i do go for an electric machine the problem for me is there is no backup in Ireland when things go tits up. Strata do machines in ireland but the back up is s**t

It looks like this problem was due to a fault with the machine. Les thought it was a faulty solenoid but it is more than that. Forgot what the part is but he is getting one in from PFT. It is not the metering valve but something that rarely goes wrong apparently.

It looks like this problem was due to a fault with the machine. Les thought it was a faulty solenoid but it is more than that. Forgot what the part is but he is getting one in from PFT. It is not the metering valve but something that rarely goes wrong apparently.

Let us know bud..

Status
Not open for further replies.