using the right whisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirst

Hi ive plastering for a long time and need a little help on finding the right size whisk as the new ones that come with the new repina drills flick up muliti finish and becomes quite messy. as i like to be clean any recommendations please welcome. thanx tony

i don't mix plaster ,just adhesive /render, so cant say but i see a spread using a whisk that was just a ss rod that went into a two pronged fork ,it did a fantastic job of mixing skimming .... :)

paddle whisk are ok for skim it dont matter about air

usually a change in paddle shape is recommended when mixing adhesive coat renders etc and flooring products

Or did you mean the size of the whisk

Hi Tony,

Just thought id poke my nose in and say that when the mix is spilling, it is usually due to the mixer speed being a bit quick.
Obviously this can be changed by changing the speed on the two speed machines, but if you have a single speed machine the following might help:

- a taller/wider tub. for example our 321001 40 ltr mixing tub and above.
- the MR3 paddle is the best all rounder for mixing plaster, but it may be advisable to use a smaller paddle to avoid as much spillage!

Hope this has helped a little bit. any questions then give me a shout!

Cheers, Harry

ye mate a taller bucket is whats needed, i dont know how people get on with using them gorilla tubs, horses for courses

ye mate a taller bucket is whats needed, i dont know how people get on with using them gorilla tubs, horses for courses

They're fine if you fill them, cover the whisk.

I could design a much better bucket than the sh1t we are presented with normally, as i suspect most plasterers could. Strange why they don't/haven't listened to us.

Just a gorilla with a slighly narrower base but much higher sides.....it's not rocket science. If anyone takes my idea though and I'll hunt them down and eat their liver!

I could design a much better bucket than the sh1t we are presented with normally, as i suspect most plasterers could. Strange why they don't/haven't listened to us.

Just a gorilla with a slighly narrower base but much higher sides.....it's not rocket science. If anyone takes my idea though and I'll hunt them down and eat their liver!

Like it Dannymac .. But I think yer fecked mate, refina will have it in production right now ready for retail next week for £60 a tub!! .......... Watch out Harry! Dms coming for yer liver:RpS_scared:

ooooo BB was talking about doing this :RpS_scared:

just dnt go hell for leather with the mixer till its as thick as you want it, i use the large refina paddle in a gorrilla tub and just have it on half speed till ive got it where i want it and it never makes a mess.
i do however have 3 different paddles i switch between anything over a bag a mix gets large whisk, anything from a bag to half gets a 120 whisk and anything under that gets a smaller whisk.
just control your speed pal and youll be fine

Like it Dannymac .. But I think yer fecked mate, refina will have it in production right now ready for retail next week for £60 a tub!! .......... Watch out Harry! Dms coming for yer liver:RpS_scared:

You forgot +Vat +Delivery FA so that tub is now £120..........:-0

now thats being racist :RpS_mad: north south divide, ill see bubs he's printing and you wont know if the spelling is correct cause you read the mail and you're from up north proper init :RpS_thumbsup:

Morph what planet are you on marra...............:RpS_unsure:

morning guys, over the weekend we have developed a tub with a narrower base and much higher sides. its £60 + VAT haha

Hi thanx for all your comments and i decided to get the higher buckets as i have just one speed which u can control on the pressure u put on the trigger. but thatnx tony:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.