using stop beads below bay window wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyp

Hi guys ive gotta skim a bay window wall in my house but not 100% sure what is the best way to position the stop beads on the wall below the bay windows. The wall is kinda in 6 little sections and the angles are really acute. Will i need to stick the stop beads back to back to one another so each wall has a stop to finish on?
Im in need of some advice guys :huh:

If your skimmin in a bay apart form the face wall these lil angles will be internals yes? so free hand skim and no stops apart from face wall which you may be able to put skim angle beads on and nail em with 13 mm clouts, what are you skimming on. and are talkin about skim stops beads? As there are 2 floating and skimming beads.

ive had to bond certain bits of walls below the window as the walls are abit of a mess. Im talking about maybe using 2.4m thin coat beads. Im just worried how would i get a good edge on the small walls below window. Im guessing i would need to skim ceratin sections first.

On internal bay angles dont bead, when your bonding out at the angles this must be ruled off straight to existing walls as your making good patching yes? just make sure the internal angles are straight before you skim. When your bonding is dry. PVA the lot let that dry, Then PVA again when tacky skim. This will slow your skim from drying out to quick and give more time to FREE hand trowel your angles straight. Just do a couple of panels a time and finish at the internal angle. (if your bonding is a mess so will the finish be)

thanks mate that has really helped me. would you use masking tape to seperate the join on each internal wall then?

you didnt mention if your house was cavity construction or solid wall construction?if you have bonded areas out then they will become damp patches,why did you have too bond out areas anyway?if its solid walls it needs waterproof washed sand work.

how many angles has it got? ive got a picture of something like a 50p but with the bay curving on the inside so that all the angles are external angles, if that makes sense.

Just lay it all on in one go then form the internal angles with your trowel..
No need for masking tape or stop beads on internals :RpS_biggrin:

the walls are the originals ones which are larve and plasterer. Ive had to bond small areas so im hoping i can get away with using bonding to do this. Underneath the window sill the walls are in 6 sections. Curving outwards (like a half moon) towards the middle of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.