• Yes I'm brave

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No I love hops up

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hstoke

as I had a bit of a mare today with a ceiling friggin around with ladders and benches thinking about getting some good quality stilts just wanted know who using them on the forum and opinions cheerz

Only on the odd occasion did fall of years ago own fault put dust sheets down on bare floorboards trying impress builder .

Iv had my mt sky walker 2 ones for bout 8 years n had some of the shite eBay ones before that but once ur used to them u won't want to do a ceiling without them. Seems like so much hassle.

Couldn't imagine going back to tresils and planks and me being a short arse Im not one for up and down off hop ups or steps.I walk over sheets all the time no bother. My advice is get a pair and good quality ones.

I find that when I had a cheap pair they was hard to adjust to feel comfortable better off paying a bit more if your gonna use them a lot

I see a plasterer wear them so the metal top bit was inside also seen plasterers put bags between strap and leg as well

I bought some around ten years ago and thought that 10/12 inches would be better but couldnt work out a way of adjusting them so got rid. :hola:

I bought some around ten years ago and thought that 10/12 inches would be better but couldnt work out a way of adjusting them so got rid. :hola:
I had my decent pair stolen so got the 100 quid ones it was a weeks work just trying to adjust them and they never felt right so ditched them

I use batons and trestles,
If they we're easier I would get a pair but being a one man band on domestics I don't think they would work with tarpaulins, dust sheets on floor.

Also the need to mix,take them off, on a regular basis didn't think they would be practical.I hear guys say they walk in sheets with them, I don't think it's worth the risk.
Are the now banned on sites?

I tend to put ceilings on from a hop up so I can mix and dump it on the spot. I'm too old to be climbing about with buckets. Once it's on the spot it's impossible to get from on stilts.
Once the skimming it's all on I strap myself in and trowel up from stilts. I find they make it miles easier.

Dura stilts from Corobyn I've had a fixed height pair 16" for past 20 yrs .Best investment ever made Also got the adjustable 18 -30 same make...Go for it

Haven't used stilts since I came off a pair years ago, I stood on the inside of a tool of scrim,,,,
Don't see the need for them now tbh with speed skims & spats I use, lay it on and I'm on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as I had a bit of a mare today with a ceiling friggin around with ladders and benches thinking about getting some good quality stilts just wanted know who using them on the forum and opinions cheerz
Bought a decent pair of Marshalltown stilts got on them once not been brave to get back on them. Now in lock up gathering dust maybe I need to practice thought they would be easy!

Bought a decent pair of Marshalltown stilts got on them once not been brave to get back on them. Now in lock up gathering dust maybe I need to practice thought they would be easy!
give them another go rob, the first time is a bit scary but you'll get used to them in no time

Boarding ceilings is how I learned on them. If you feel yourself going there's always a joist or sommin to grab onto.
Give it an hour and you'll be wandering round like it's natural.

Got on mine in the warehouse I was buying multi , stumbled about on em for 5mins fell backwards onto a pallet of bags and decided that I needed to sort me sh*t out with balance 5mins more had loaded them in the van along with the multi. Was 12 yrs ago. Stumbled few times since on stilts and life but still standing:hola:

I use them all the time,saves alot of hassle than using planks..recommend them

Have 2 pairs, fell of and refuse to get on them again! Use band stands or hop ups with planks instead now. Few band stands, few plank and 8x4 sheets ply does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.