using easfill

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

windy

Private Member
Following on from my thread on misses in skim i will be using some easifill for the fisrt time this week. Now im sure its a case of mix apply and sand. But like most things there are the best ways to use it so my questions r as follows

Best consistency to mix it to
Do i pva or wet the walls either side of the miss to be filled
Best tool to apply with
take excess of straight away or leave and sand
What do you sand it with
Fill misses before or after mist coat?

Any tips would be warmly received

Following on from my thread on misses in skim i will be using some easifill for the fisrt time this week. Now im sure its a case of mix apply and sand. But like most things there are the best ways to use it so my questions r as follows

Best consistency to mix it to
Do i pva or wet the walls either side of the miss to be filled
Best tool to apply with
take excess of straight away or leave and sand
What do you sand it with
Fill misses before or after mist coat?

Any tips would be warmly received

:RpS_scared:
You avin a laff??

Here you go anyway:RpS_biggrin:

Mix it like filler not to wet not to stiff,
No need to pva or wet just slap it on,
Use a (4" or similar) flexible filling knife if only small areas, can use a trowel or caulk board on bigger areas aswell,
Take excess off straight away but leave slightly proud then sand when dry,
120 grit fine sandpaper,
If possible it's best to fill after mist coat as this will highlight any areas to be filled.
:RpS_thumbsup:

Ps. I've never had to fill my own walls :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
lol thats because someone else has done them for you!!! (only joking mate) :RpS_laugh:

but as nisus says.....if your any good...you shouldnt leave your work if your not happy with it and it needs filling. Now some will say im sure, nothing can be perfect.........if your any good you should get pretty close........there were 2 polish boys in my town laying oin walls with eazyfill they must have done a fortune in materials lol

Status
Not open for further replies.