Using aqua boards around a multi fuel stove

Brucew44

Hi , we had a multi fuel stove installed 18 months ago the fire place had Been closed up for 40 or so years and seamt quite damp when opened up ,it was lined with fire proof cement which started to swell and turn black through the painted surface . We decided to remove the stove and remove all the cement back to the bare brick to let it dry out through the summer , can I Re- line the opening with aqua boards to stop any remaining damp coming back through or will these boards break down with the heat ?. I then intend to use brick slips on top of the boards , any thoughts please .
We would be grateful for any advice .
Thanks Brucew44.

Just had a look and the firmacell H2O power panel looks like it is the ideal panelling for lining my fireplace, just need to find a stockists near my in Sheffield now . Thank you for your help Tinytom

normally opening up a fireplace wil help with the damp... especially if it was not able to breath :D

Just had a look and the firmacell H2O power panel looks like it is the ideal panelling for lining my fireplace, just need to find a stockists near my in Sheffield now . Thank you for your help Tinytom
Mac metal craft in coninsboriugh is where I get mine from, they stock loads of Alli fuel gear and have a good show room too.
If you ever need any help with it drop me a pm. I’m hetas registered