Using acrylic through a Ritmo

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
I am consider getting a set up for spraying buckets coats through my Ritmo. A question about what you do with the material that will be left in the pipe when you have finished.

I have worked out that there will be 7.5 litres of material in a 15m pipe. That is half a tub!

So when I have finished the spraying can I put the Ritmo in reverse to pump the material out of the pipe back into the hopper then pump it out of the hopper into a bucket from the R&S?

If your spraying again the next day leave it in the pipe. If not then pump the water into the pipe to push the acrylic out in to the bucket.

If your spraying again the next day leave it in the pipe. If not then pump the water into the pipe to push the acrylic out in to the bucket.

Didn't think of that with not having the water butt connected. Chuck in half a bucket of clean water!

Yeah that's what I do with mine put ball in like your cleaning through chuck bucket of water in hopper and pump back into bucket don't waste a drop :)

What is the process of putting acrylic into a Ritmo and pumping it through to the gun? We use loads of Fairy and water in the pipes with mineral render but acrylic?

I put plenty of lube in the pipes I don't know why anyone would not do that, run material through on speed 3 with water turned off then when it's through pipes connect gun and turn speed down to zero

I alway well lube with all other materials , but not with bucket coats. I got told I don't need to and I've never had a problem, but I can see your point why not

Status
Not open for further replies.