Used to work with a bloke who

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooner59

Private Member
Could lay 15 tons of s&c screed in four hours, i know because i used to be on the wheelbarrow suppling him, now i can cover a fair bit myself ,but i have never seen the like before or after , so yes its great to have seen a legend in the flesh :-D lol........

Mate said he knew a couple of blokes that used to do this - one was knicknamed 'bongo'

yes there is a couple of guys from south wales that were well known big layers of screed in wales and across the south of england as well, i think they were father & son ,and the Father had a Tin leg he used to take off to lay lol.....

i once knew a man that knew a man! but im pretty sure he doent know him anymore

Just been told the bloke who used to lay screed my mate once knew did 20 ton plus a day - though he said one pumped it and the other layer it and troweled it with a wood float made from a length of facia board (rounded and a handle put on). Said they made a cracking job.

15 ton of screed will lay 97 square meters at 75mm or 3 inches . the average screeder will lay 80 to 100m square per day. to do this in 4 hours he would want a decent area

i have layed some big ones myself.

fat%20birds.jpg

Oh really? :rolleyes):RpS_lol:

I worked with a bloke years ago who looked like Jimmy Saville .........hows about that then....:RpS_scared:

We plastered the penthouse flat out next to Jimmy's in Leeds. Used to see him running round the park on a morning looking as scruffy as a tramp.

We plastered the penthouse flat out next to Jimmy's in Leeds. Used to see him running round the park on a morning looking as scruffy as a tramp.

Jimmy Saville was a tramp. Hated the bloke! Big headed barsteward with his fat cigars and roller.

15 ton of screed will lay 97 square meters at 75mm or 3 inches . the average screeder will lay 80 to 100m square per day. to do this in 4 hours he would want a decent area

I used to lay 15-20 ton of ready mix a day when i was a lot younger, could possibly now do half that but only with a clued up labourer

Jimmy Saville was a tramp. Hated the bloke! Big headed barsteward with his fat cigars and roller.
H'apparently prince Charlie used to give him his cigars (as he didn't smoke) and his roller was always parked up in a dealership on display. He used to drive around in a big fcuk off Merc (last time I saw him he did). But yeah I agree with yer.

Status
Not open for further replies.