up210

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoi merlin, it will hold over night no problem. You are better off ruling it pretty well and then use a nice wide spat to flatten it of as best you can. In the morning then you can more or less show it the I beam or waffle just to eliminate trowel lines. shaving it back like k rend is a waste

i dunno it just seems like a waste of gear. How flat do you need it if you are going over it again with texture. And if you are shaving it around winter time it means you always got to go back in the next day.

hoi merlin, it will hold over night no problem. You are better off ruling it pretty well and then use a nice wide spat to flatten it of as best you can. In the morning then you can more or less show it the I beam or waffle just to eliminate trowel lines. shaving it back like k rend is a waste

sounds good , keep thinking bout them big pool trowels in les`s toy shop, dont wanna I section really aint got enough bags too

been toying with 8-10mm base coat and then adhesive and mesh onto that which is finished ready for any texture straight away

i'm not sure if you can bed the mesh into the base coat and get the same flat level finish you do with adhesive.
gonna do one next with LUP 222 and not using any mesh anywhere.

yeah you can you knob we was using alsseco couple of years ago was a 15mm base (could easily have been a 10mm if you wanted to save on materials) we bedded the mesh into that then topped it off came in the next day (it was january and held up well overnight) and sponged up ready for topcoat ...brotheeeeeeeeeeeeeer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.