unknowingly being secretly filmed

Members online

hector

in all seriousness for an 8 day period i have been skimming a house,.....customer has done all joinery/plasterboarding/bricklaying etc etc,.....a good job , all materials supplied ,no carpets down ,a good job that you can get stuck into,.......but when he came to pay me after 8 days ,he told me to the second what time i had left the site,...deducted half an hour each day for my bait,and complained that on one occasion i had taken time out approx 40 mins to clean my van out,.........i went apeshit believe me i was so angry/annoyed/upset that for an 8 day period he had been secretly filming me and watching me at work, in my opinion a total disregard of anybodys privarcy,....i told him in no uncertain times what i thought of him and his secret cameras,.....all this after i came at short notice to help him out/ mixed plaster outside/cleaned up etc etc,..... i really think that in the last few years peoples attittudes are getting more and more nasty/unpleaseant,......and no i will not be going back,....but once again in all seriousness everybody out there watch your back

in all seriousness for an 8 day period i have been skimming a house,.....customer has done all joinery/plasterboarding/bricklaying etc etc,.....a good job , all materials supplied ,no carpets down ,a good job that you can get stuck into,.......but when he came to pay me after 8 days ,he told me to the second what time i had left the site,...deducted half an hour each day for my bait,and complained that on one occasion i had taken time out approx 40 mins to clean my van out,.........i went apeshit believe me i was so angry/annoyed/upset that for an 8 day period he had been secretly filming me and watching me at work, in my opinion a total disregard of anybodys privarcy,....i told him in no uncertain times what i thought of him and his secret cameras,.....all this after i came at short notice to help him out/ mixed plaster outside/cleaned up etc etc,..... i really think that in the last few years peoples attittudes are getting more and more nasty/unpleaseant,......and no i will not be going back,....but once again in all seriousness everybody out there watch your back

Did you price the job on day rate or on price for work to be completed?

If it's day rate and you didn't establish what a day entails then he's a chicken choker, but it should be a lesson to be leanrt for the next day rate job i.e. sort out the details.

If it's priced as a job then get your full money off of him and don't take any nonsense about time on site, breaks etc.

I've said it before, but if it's more than a couple of hundred, get it all in writing (an email will do) at least. Preferably sort yourself out a basic contract template. It protects you and them, and avoids any misunderstandings.

Did you price the job on day rate or on price for work to be completed?

If it's day rate and you didn't establish what a day entails then he's a chicken choker, but it should be a lesson to be leanrt for the next day rate job i.e. sort out the details.

If it's priced as a job then get your full money off of him and don't take any nonsense about time on site, breaks etc.

I've said it before, but if it's more than a couple of hundred, get it all in writing (an email will do) at least. Preferably sort yourself out a basic contract template. It protects you and them, and avoids any misunderstandings.
priced on a hourly rate, bill was paid , but deductions were made ,...its not so much the financial side ,but the fact that for 8 days i was being watched

You do realise we are being watched by big brother 24/7 anyway, besides I note that you didn't deny any of the allegations ?

priced on a hourly rate, bill was paid , but deductions were made ,...its not so much the financial side ,but the fact that for 8 days i was being watched

we only ever give out a total price. i will work out the metres, work out day rate, how much i need the job, then put in a block price.

You do realise we are being watched by big brother 24/7 anyway, besides I note that you didn't deny any of the allegations ?
no quite right gps, i am very honest, i do not lie,.....i did clean my van out and it did take 40 minutes ,but come on we have all at some point taken time out to clean our vans out,..but i did object to the half hour deduction for bait,..usually 15/20mins

I think it's illegal to film somebody without notice or their consent. I'd defo tell plod about it or a solicitor as he's out of order

not in good health unfourtanetly been diagnosed with chrones disease,.. but anyhooooooo got to deal with it,
My sister got crohn's and once they get the meds right you can go back to normal....dont let the leave you on steriods as thats there easy option, ask for the proper drugs, they f**k your immune system a bit but get it under control...my sis started taking one called humira and its finally sorted her out

we only ever give out a total price. i will work out the metres, work out day rate, how much i need the job, then put in a block price.
same here malc ,same here ,i usually give a set price and thats it ,but this job was passed on to me by another plasterer who charges an hourly rate,......anyhooooooo have backed your team to win the premier league this season so come on you spurs

My sister got crohn's and once they get the meds right you can go back to normal....dont let the leave you on steriods as thats there easy option, ask for the proper drugs, they f**k your immune system a bit but get it under control...my sis started taking one called humira and its finally sorted her out
thanks for that advice lodan, but i am sure as your sister would tell you there are various degrees of crohnes,...i take a drug called infliximab, every 6 weeks through an introvenus drip takes approx 4 hours,.......5 operations last 3 years,...1 more coming up shortly

thanks for that advice lodan, but i am sure as your sister would tell you there are various degrees of crohnes,...i take a drug called infliximab, every 6 weeks through an introvenus drip takes approx 4 hours,.......5 operations last 3 years,...1 more coming up shortly
Sorry I though you'd only just been diagnosed, didnt mean to sound patronising. Its a tough disease, put my sister into septic shock last year and they nearly took her bowel out but with a cocktail of antibiotics (for the septicemia) and loads of steroids they managed to get control of it

They tried her on infliximibab but it enlarged her heart so had to take her off it.

Sorry pal I'm getting help of my own last few week. My anger is terrible latley but really down in the dumps the next??

Sorry I though you'd only just been diagnosed, didnt mean to sound patronising. Its a tough disease, put my sister into septic shock last year and they nearly took her bowel out but with a cocktail of antibiotics (for the septicemia) and loads of steroids they managed to get control of it
its okay lodan,okay,......sorry to hear about your sister,.. how is she now,..infliximab works for some people but not for everybody,......they tried me with a small pill calles aza..something or ,other,but not for me , tell your sister i was asking after her .

its okay lodan,okay,......sorry to hear about your sister,.. how is she now,..infliximab works for some people but not for everybody,......they tried me with a small pill calles aza..something or ,other,but not for me , tell your sister i was asking after her .
She was bad for about 3 years but after the last bad flare up they got her sorted, put her on a dietry plan, shes put on about a stone, got back into work and looks good again....it took a while but has been managed for about 9 months now