Universal one coat heat resistance

Members online

Olican

Private Member
:coffe: I was on a job recently and chaps installing a log burner finished the alcove with universal one coat claiming it has sufficient heat resistance to prevent cracking. New one on me, they said they do it all the time.
Any validity to this claim do you think? If so it would save an awful lot of flaff

:coffe: I was on a job recently and chaps installing a log burner finished the alcove with universal one coat claiming it has sufficient heat resistance to prevent cracking. New one on me, they said they do it all the time.
Any validity to this claim do you think? If so it would save an awful lot of flaff
I very much doubt it tbh..but hey what the feck do I know

It's still gypsum based so I can't see how it would be heat resistant.

Hi guys, new to forum, been asked to plaster inside fireplace By family membe, not usually my thing! It’s been boarded with standard gypsum board, log burner to be fitted. Question is, what product to use, noted comments on vitcas, appreciate any pointers. Cheers.

Hi guys, new to forum, been asked to plaster inside fireplace By family membe, not usually my thing! It’s been boarded with standard gypsum board, log burner to be fitted. Question is, what product to use, noted comments on vitcas, appreciate any pointers. Cheers.
Wont be signed off with hetas if its plasterboarded. Needs hardibacker, render or victas. Or sc and tiles,

Wont be signed off with hetas if its plasterboarded. Needs hardibacker, render or victas. Or sc and tiles,
Very true, I’m hetas I usually board with cement board, whatever I can get my hands on but at least 12.5mm not the thin 6mm stuff then pva and skim with board, as long as you meet the manufacturers minimum distance around the fire the heat shouldn’t crack the plaster. Out of well over 100 stoves iv had 1 crack on the back, I scraped off and reskim with render mesh bedded in, never had a problem since

Very true, I’m hetas I usually board with cement board, whatever I can get my hands on but at least 12.5mm not the thin 6mm stuff then pva and skim with board, as long as you meet the manufacturers minimum distance around the fire the heat shouldn’t crack the plaster. Out of well over 100 stoves iv had 1 crack on the back, I scraped off and reskim with render mesh bedded in, never had a problem since
Any suction issues skimming onto cement board?