Unifinsih still needs pva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianspreader

Hello hope all had a good Christmas . First day back only a small job 3 bag set over existing painted artexed walls.the good points of the unifinish was straight in and putting on which saved time also it does seem to of stuck well on the paint.the bad bits are its like chewing gum when it starts picking up and it just cannot handle suction like it says it can I.e where picture rail pulled finish of when being removed or where skirting had removed finish it is a nightmare just constant crazing and the next coat doesn't pull it back and still crazes through 2nd coat.you can literally scrap off with your finger nail lol so to over come this had to pva the old floating which makes you think what is the point of unifinish it's defo no wonder plaster they are making out.sorry for rant done my head in today lol

Thought it would be to good to be true , I think I'll stick with bonding then multi on those jobs ! Pva'n first of course !

Yer not much of a texture so we have just been using skim.we have done the rest of the house with WBA and multi a lot easier and consistent I think unifinish would be ok on a painted wall or painted artex but anything with suction and its a nightmare

Dont work on painted artex either.i did a vinyl matt painted artex ceiling. each coat sucked like a whore on smack.3 bags on a light ripple artex. of i had used pva would have done with 2 bags of multi.

Status
Not open for further replies.