Unifinish

Members online

Good Afternoon Darren

I have now received the lab report back and confirm the following;

Vigorous testing was concluded and the lab report confirmed the product was fit for purpose and falls within the manufacturing specifications resulting in no defects. Therefore it is concluded that the issue would be with the existing sub-face either not being cleaned thoroughly or it contaminants were present.

Kindest Regards

I’ve pasted the email ffs!!!!!

How about a name of sender ?

Profile pic changed!!!!

Now we can talk :D We like bikes :D

20170424_133522.jpg

Bet that is still not good enough!!!!!!!!!!
Jigsaw I will apologise for anything I’ve said that has been seen bad to you and Danny too , picture posted there is no argument to be had also tbh I am sad to see that you been left to sort , I’ve had issues on jobs that I’ve rectified myself not with unifinish but in my time, seeing your pictures I don’t need any email to view tbh.

I think BG should comment on this,,,,
Wonder what is the stats with uni failures against say multi or board finish failures against volume of sales.that would then give a indication % .

Jigsaw I will apologise for anything I’ve said that has been seen bad to you and Danny too , picture posted there is no argument to be had also tbh I am sad to see that you been left to sort , I’ve had issues on jobs that I’ve rectified myself not with unifinish but in my time, seeing your pictures I don’t need any email to view tbh.

Are you going soft vincey ? We still have loads of mileage left in this, can he prove he didn’t just lift these pictures of the net ? Can he prove he did in fact use uni ? Lol

Back handed apology what a w**k*r.

If you seal most surfaces why not just use the cheaper multi and have the extra few quid in your pocket ?
Umi dries well hard. Impossible so sand so I use on patch work and over small artex areas. I nearly always seal though! If only a thin seal coat over bare artex if scraped. Have used without for first coat though, without sealing but you need to be sure it's clean and sound so I wash surfaces with vistol first. If I can't wash I seal.. That's as clear as mud answer

Umi dries well hard. Impossible so sand so I use on patch work and over small artex areas. I nearly always seal though! If only a thin seal coat over bare artex if scraped. Have used without for first coat though, without sealing but you need to be sure it's clean and sound so I wash surfaces with vistol first. If I can't wash I seal.. That's as clear as mud answer

Do you often need to sand your work then ?

Why isn’t today’s paper next to the email please explain this please

Vincey on the naughty step for you

Why isn’t today’s paper next to the email please explain this please

Vincey on the naughty step for you
Obviously mate the plasters off , would of save me getting into trouble if just posted the pictures at the start , can’t blame me for being surprised to see it when it’s like that , I use it all the time , still trying to think why it dropped tbh, today I’m just trowelling up going straight over this with unifinish no one has done anything since 1985 here and I’ve just bashed it straight on no problem
A5DB46C8-405E-462F-A5C8-2AC93F9EED4F.jpeg
D33C805A-C591-4B4B-9E3D-281DBB4657A7.jpeg
81D0809F-2121-463F-B8FF-9EA30455B33B.jpeg

Obviously mate the plasters off , would of save me getting into trouble if just posted the pictures at the start , can’t blame me for being surprised to see it when it’s like that , I use it all the time , still trying to think why it dropped tbh, today I’m just trowelling up going straight over this with unifinish no one has done anything since 1985 here and I’ve just bashed it straight on no problem
View attachment 19767 View attachment 19768 View attachment 19769
I had no problem until 3 months later. That is what worries me!!!!
It went on lovely ,troweled up really well & was waiting for it so it didn’t go off to quick either.
Same with both jobs!!
Like I said in previous posts I have used quite a bit of it so just waiting to see if any other jobs come back:(

What u do in covering fireplace,,,just slap it on all over the shop,,,don't use stupid dust sheets,,,check that surface now ,see its compatible with uni.(y)

Right vince, if ever there was a case for using uni, then that's it. We all know how long pva would take dry in on that surface, horrific artex and horrific paint. How did it go? How long from mix to final trowel?

Right vince, if ever there was a case for using uni, then that's it. We all know how long pva would take dry in on that surface, horrific artex and horrific paint. How did it go? How long from mix to final trowel?

This thread has shown uni cannot be trusted and furthermore @BritishGypsum trusted even less.

I sheet up, pva everywhere, bead up, bring my gear in get water etc and then it’s good to go, no time lost and safe in the knowledge it will not fall off, and I do not have to worry about some bulls hit guarantee backing out with the "oh it’s the surface not the uni"

This thread has shown uni cannot be trusted and furthermore @BritishGypsum trusted even less.

I sheet up, pva everywhere, bead up, bring my gear in get water etc and then it’s good to go, no time lost and safe in the knowledge it will not fall off, and I do not have to worry about some bulls hit guarantee backing out with the "oh it’s the surface not the uni"
I'm not saying I would use it. I'm saying that if there was a case for using it, then that's it. Say on a cold morning, no heating in that room, I know that on that surface the PVA would take an eternity to tack up, or fully dry as I prefer. You end up going on too wet and the finish slides about like f**k, 3 hour gauging here we go.

I had no problem until 3 months later. That is what worries me!!!!
It went on lovely ,troweled up really well & was waiting for it so it didn’t go off to quick either.
Same with both jobs!!
Like I said in previous posts I have used quite a bit of it so just waiting to see if any other jobs come back:(
I get you , I wouldn’t worry about the others ones tbh , proper got me stumped yours have , no lie on a lot of jobs I’ve tried to make it fall off , tested it on bricks,tile,chip paper , easifill, glass, steal , dry bone plaster with rapid 45 minutes set everything I could possibly think to get it to drop the only one that ever dropped was a loose paint that I knew would come off , it was still stuck to the paint and I knew it would come off , that’s why I’m stumped with yours , even hstokes that they said was on to thick , well it can be , any skim can even though in real life we bosh it on thicker and get away with it ,

I’ll get hammered now but f**k it , really hope it’s just those 2 mate

Last edited:
I'm not saying I would use it. I'm saying that if there was a case for using it, then that's it. Say on a cold morning, no heating in that room, I know that on that surface the PVA would take an eternity to tack up, or fully dry as I prefer. You end up going on too wet and the finish slides about like f**k, 3 hour gauging here we go.

same as uni then, vince said 2hrs 50, there is zero need for this gear.

Done mate in 2hrs 50, no lie I had another job this morning in a bathroom somewhere else I got here around 12pm
Just at a quote now

View attachment 19770
Sound, about a bag and a half? Good going timewise. Hopefully you are charging good money, as going back through the years whenever something comes out to help our trade (mixing drill , collated screwgun, ...) it makes rates come down.

I get you , I wouldn’t worry about the others for ones tbh , proper got me stumped yours have , no lie on a lot of jobs I’ve tried to make it fall off , tested it on bricks,tile,chip paper , easifill, glass, steal , dry bone plaster with rapid 45 minutes set everything I could possibly think to get it to drop the only one that ever dropped was a loose paint that I knew would come off , it was still stuck to the paint and I knew it would come off , that’s why I’m stumped with yours , even hstokes that they said was on to thick , well it can be , any skim can even though in real life we bosh it on thicker and get away with it ,

I’ll get hammered now but f**k it , really hope it’s just those 2 mate
Both jobs had horse hair & lime under painted surface, maybe that?!!
Just frustrated me that BG came out on 1st job then not interested in 2nd job because if said I was gonna stop using uni until I knew what the results of tests they are supposed to have run!!