Unifinish

Members online

Jigsaw

Anyone else had any issues with unifinish?
I have used quite a bit of it of late most of the time had been pva-ing before.
Then had 2 jobs where I didn’t pva as it was painted surfaces.
1st job was a ceiling which was larve & plaster under the paint went really well.
But 3 months later had to go back as the whole of the top coat was coming down!!
2nd job was lime base coat again but this time painted artex top coat. Again 2 months later same thing unifinish coming off in sheets!!!!
Rep from BG came out on 1st job & I got to say was brilliant. Took a sample from the ceiling & said they would get back to me as soon as the sample had been tested.
But when 2nd job came up I sent footage & photos to which both rep & head office agreed it was some sort of dust contamination & it needed
pva-ing first. They could tell this from several photos & a short video!!!!!!!
Still awaiting rep to get back to me!!!!!!!

1st job was a ceiling which was larve & plaster under the paint went really well.
But 3 months later had to go back as the whole of the top coat was coming down!!
2nd job was lime base coat again but this time painted artex top coat. Again 2 months later same thing unifinish coming off in sheets!!!!
Rep from BG came out on 1st job & I got to say was brilliant. Took a sample from the ceiling & said they would get back to me as soon as the sample had been tested.
But when 2nd job came up I sent footage & photos to which both rep & head office agreed it was some sort of dust contamination & it needed

Hello there, hawk or handboard?

It's not fit for purpose!!!

End of conversion!!!

Wish it Was.. .Would be fantastic!!!

Please for the love of god @Vincey don't even begin with your BG defence bull s**t!!!

Phew!!!!
Rep tells me they sell loads & I’m the only complaint!!!!!!
I’m the only mug that was buying it!

I had a massive issue with it I'd skimmed a artex ceiling in April last year and half of came down in October of that year I posted the bomb damage on ere n I had a rep come out to survey straightaway blah blah it got compensated in the end but it taken 2 months im on the scheme which helps massively ,the unifinsh has improved since n a lot on ere road tested again this year thru a trial

I had a massive issue with it I'd skimmed a artex ceiling in April last year and half of came down in October of that year I posted the bomb damage on ere n I had a rep come out to survey straightaway blah blah it got compensated in the end but it taken 2 months im on the scheme which helps massively ,the unifinsh has improved since n a lot on ere road tested again this year thru a trial

It’s a worry, luckily no one was living in the flat at the time cos the ceiling is over 3m high & it cracked & then just let go after a few months!!
Funny when I left it was fine & decorators didn’t have a problem with it!!!
I now am going back to pva, can’t risk too many call backs when everything is decorated & finished!!!!!
Thanks unifinish!!!!!

Sorry for late reply hawk
Yeah right here's your f**k**g Hawk
download.jpg

We can actually do better than the rep visiting you we have the actual guy who swore by it, promoted it, knows how it's made, knows every short cut and a few tricks for using it, he will not have a bad word said against it, he used hundreds if not thousand of bags of it, he is the poster boy for it, he has starred in a few videos regarding it, always has a bag of it in any of his photos so your a very lucky man. He is probably ironing his work clothes and dust sheets for the morning, he will be along soon to clear up this very minut problem so no need to worry, I will just give her a shout @Vincey xx

Last edited:
We can actually do better than the rep visiting you we have the actual guy who swore by it, promoted it, knows how it's made, knows every short cut and a few tricks for using it, he will not have a bad word said against it, he used hundreds if not thousand of bags of it, he is the poster boy for it, he has stared in a few videos regarding it, always has a bag of it in any of his photos so your a very lucky man. He is probably ironing his work clothes and dust sheets for the morning, he will be along soon to clear up this very minut problem so no need to worry, I will just give her a shout @Vincey xx
Actually lol at this, wife's wondering what the fk's going on.

Vincy is Just preparing his speech so I’m expecting him in any minute now also trying to take the perfect selfie next to a bag of uni finish before he comes on

We can actually do better than the rep visiting you we have the actual guy who swore by it, promoted it, knows how it's made, knows every short cut and a few tricks for using it, he will not have a bad word said against it, he used hundreds if not thousand of bags of it, he is the poster boy for it, he has stared in a few videos regarding it, always has a bag of it in any of his photos so your a very lucky man. He is probably ironing his work clothes and dust sheets for the morning, he will be along soon to clear up this very minut problem so no need to worry, I will just give her a shout @Vincey xx
All along I have said the user must be aware , the background needs to be assessed ,we have done this with pva for ever ,if it's too wet ,if it drys in too fast ,you need to test it,scrape it, you need experienced eyes anyone buying it and expecting it to work on each and every occasion will be like the poster ,saying it's failed ,I need a rep ,I need a scientist,what I'm saying is ,not fit for purpose can be applied to the applicator also , I had issues with the BG group and said people on the groups can't be " nodding dogs " people reported me to BG saying I was offensive,I said I haven't called anyone a nodding dog ,I have just said you can't be a nodding dog,they said I can't say this ,so I left their Facebook group under the duress of two phone calls and the knowledge that people were reporting me for same , I always felt that the chickens would come home to roost and they have ,BG needed an honest appraisal of their products but they wanted it in a very much PC style ,I explained that this wouldn't be forthcoming amongst plasterers ,our world isn't PC , we are what we are and we want to earn money not brownie points . Obviously BG will read this or someone will copy and post it to them , apparently some of my posts were sent to them before , they have to realise ,we are their market ,we are vocal ,we vote with our wallets ,

I’m on the road quoting atm , if he has had Bg out I’d say happy days , it all covered under guarantee and once investigatored he probably be compensated, always make me laugh when Flynny jumps on unifinish posts like a hungry baby sucking breast milk , but never see him on any other issues threads I.e the failed pva thread and the render that slumped off the wall, everyone always has a blind eye on those imo as if it’s all ok and the norm

I’ll be back around 7.30pm

Now ,don't fall to pieces jigsaw , the product is good in the right place with the right hands , if the background isn't suitable then don't use it, it's perfect on solid backgrounds that are painted especially over artex that has been painted with emulsion etc, beware it won't work over distemper or flaking / loose paint ,it won't work if the emulsion was applied incorrectly either , it's a lot to know and take in ,this info won't be on the bag ,it's about experience, I like unifinish ,the problem with it is there are caveats that need to be followed ,I couldn't envisage a scenario where I'd need to phone a BG rep over a skimming job ,I'd die of shame first ,

Now ,don't fall to pieces jigsaw , the product is good in the right place with the right hands , if the background isn't suitable then don't use it, it's perfect on solid backgrounds that are painted especially over artex that has been painted with emulsion etc, beware it won't work over distemper or flaking / loose paint ,it won't work if the emulsion was applied incorrectly either , it's a lot to know and take in ,this info won't be on the bag ,it's about experience, I like unifinish ,the problem with it is there are caveats that need to be followed ,I couldn't envisage a scenario where I'd need to phone a BG rep over a skimming job ,I'd die of shame first ,