Unifinish

Members online

blackdog

Used unifinish today over artex ceiling and it was bang on as usual. Always second coat with board or uni. Did half the painted / scabby freeze in unifinish and the other in board. No problem with the unifinish but the board dragged because there was no suction. After that I went straight over tiles in a bathroom. Think Fatarm mentioned it. Unbelievable. You can forget blugrit and bondit - you don't need it. Just second coated as usual. Might as well have been on board. I don't get the bad rep for unifinish except maybe the price. It's a shame. It really is. Like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Used unifinish today over artex ceiling and it was bang on as usual. Always second coat with board or uni. Did half the painted / scabby freeze in unifinish and the other in board. No problem with the unifinish but the board dragged because there was no suction. After that I went straight over tiles in a bathroom. Think Fatarm mentioned it. Unbelievable. You can forget blugrit and bondit - you don't need it. Just second coated as usual. Might as well have been on board. I don't get the bad rep for unifinish except maybe the price. It's a shame. It really is. Like a Shakespearean tragedy.
For me it's the price and I can't judge if I ain't used it one day if still around I might give it a go but for now it's still to expensive for a gamble

That's because @Vincey has made this big thing in his head and he honestly believes it that he is a real super hero. He is "plasterman" and he really thinks he is here to save every plaster and plaster tool (not Refina). And as you know every super hero needs a villain or the game is no good so he created me "flynnyman" the evil plaster scientist who went mad and has set out to banish plastering. Then there is my evil twin @gps who is really one of my alter egos lol.

I may plaster next doors windows with uni to stop them peeking out.

It would work. I'm no advocate of BG. But it's a good product imo. Just over priced. Well over priced. Which in the end will mean it won't get the exposure. Supply and demand. No merchants stock it near me.. Just B and Q at £12 plus a bag. Just don't get the bad feedback. It seems to be based on the blurb on the bag doesn't match reality. Does it ever? Use it, get used to it, and know it. Have BG ever responded to any of the feedback on here?

That's because @Vincey has made this big thing in his head and he honestly believes it that he is a real super hero. He is "plasterman" and he really thinks he is here to save every plaster and plaster tool (not Refina). And as you know every super hero needs a villain or the game is no good so he created me "flynnyman" the evil plaster scientist who went mad and has set out to banish plastering. Then there is my evil twin @gps who is really one of my alter egos lol.
Hang on u Don't believe in hidden mould either what's that make me

It would work. I'm no advocate of BG. But it's a good product imo. Just over priced. Well over priced. Which in the end will mean it won't get the exposure. Supply and demand. No merchants stock it near me.. Just B and Q at £12 plus a bag. Just don't get the bad feedback. It seems to be based on the blurb on the bag doesn't match reality. Does it ever? Use it, get used to it, and know it. Have BG ever responded to any of the feedback on here?
Have you ever used it over a Matt artex ceiling where it goes wet in bits and drags in others? That's what I hate about it

Are you second coating with it? Second coating with it ends up streaky as f**k like the Exxon Valdiz

It's just some can't see the benefit of it and that it isn't for all surfaces

You're right. It's for artex, paint no suction. It'll go over everything else but you need to know timings as you'd expect. It's just crap marketing. It's something aimed at the DIY market that's never going to sell. Needs rebranding and repricing. It's got it's place. Nice bags as well. Has BG every responded to the feedback on here?

It boils down to have you tried it. How many have tried it? My missus goes on about how she hates seafood etc. but has never actually eaten clams and stuff

Basically these threads are planted so Flynn and selfie man Vincey can start a battle off and flirt away and we all raise eyebrows at it cos really it's a bromance in the making I'm sure Danny got a few profiles so it's him mixing things up a bit

I agree, tremendous product in the right situation. If uni be the food of love, spread on.

f**k me just try uni or f**k**g don't. And if u can't afford 12 a bag give up plastering ffs. I have never used it so don't really comment on it. It's plaster u don't need bondit that's it. Pva u are not covered to use so can't really take that into the price. I use pva tho has I don't give a f**k about spec.

I see it being useful on small artex ceiling like toilet/bathrooms so pva dosent splash every where on mirrors and shower glass.

You're right. It's for artex, paint no suction. It'll go over everything else but you need to know timings as you'd expect. It's just crap marketing. It's something aimed at the DIY market that's never going to sell. Needs rebranding and repricing. It's got it's place. Nice bags as well. Has BG every responded to the feedback on here?

Agree mate it should never had written no need for pva on bags if they recommend thistle bondit! guessing they ignored most of feedback from the lads that tested it and put it out anyway.
There was a long list of feedback on bg website from spreads and was interesting reading with most saying it was no good on high suction and lots still pva,d before using it as they didn't trust it.
Not sure if this info is still out there.
I don't use it anymore as can't get it locally to pick up the odd bag. If as flynny said on another post they replaced multi with it at multi price then people could just use it as they felt.

Agree mate it should never had written no need for pva on bags if they recommend thistle bondit! guessing they ignored most of feedback from the lads that tested it and put it out anyway.
There was a long list of feedback on bg website from spreads and was interesting reading with most saying it was no good on high suction and lots still pva,d before using it as they didn't trust it.
Not sure if this info is still out there.
I don't use it anymore as can't get it locally to pick up the odd bag. If as flynny said on another post they replaced multi with it at multi price then people could just use it as they felt.
They can't really just replace multi with it. Multi is for various/high suction backgrounds including base coat plasters.