unifinish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who started the thread has not said anything since first post! Mmmmm
I noticed someone mentioned they layed on a tight first coat when the wall had a bit of suction then left it for a bit as apposed to hitting it with more gear straight away and it layed on the second coat nice and finished nice also. @theplasterman can you remember who that was and have you tried this method as it makes sense?
Thought it was you but on high suction 2 tight coats keeps it workable for laying in coat whether the 2rd tight coat is from the 1st or 2rd mix is upto who is spreading it.On the bg website is info on the thistle unifinish page,there is guides and time sets for high suction also.Which could be 60 minutes.
2 hrs - 3hrs on low suction.
Thanks Vince

image.jpeg
I've had a problem with this and lost faith, maybe I'll give it another whizz but not on a ceiling !!! 1970's house. Original stipple artex on a 9.5mm board as it was then, with a few undulations between the joists. Done in 2 coats and coved. Stayed up for 4 days before a nice section delaminated...see pics !!! Thankfully customer all good and an overboard was the remedy. I took samples and A British gypsum rep came to my house to collect in August last year. Never heard a thing after that. I've emailed twice and been told that he WILL get back to me. Still nothing. Been plastering 20 years never had a problem like that, so for now I just pass that pile of pink and white bags and opt for the old faithful orange and white. Or green and white if I'm in for a long day ;) and keep the PVA rules as they were.

View attachment 10320I've had a problem with this and lost faith, maybe I'll give it another whizz but not on a ceiling !!! 1970's house. Original stipple artex on a 9.5mm board as it was then, with a few undulations between the joists. Done in 2 coats and coved. Stayed up for 4 days before a nice section delaminated...see pics !!! Thankfully customer all good and an overboard was the remedy. I took samples and A British gypsum rep came to my house to collect in August last year. Never heard a thing after that. I've emailed twice and been told that he WILL get back to me. Still nothing. Been plastering 20 years never had a problem like that, so for now I just pass that pile of pink and white bags and opt for the old faithful orange and white. Or green and white if I'm in for a long day ;) and keep the PVA rules as they were.

Could have happened with Multifinish as well.... well it has happened with me in teh past... @BritishGypsum

really unclear on the neg feedback on it - cost ?
A average room I get on doms is 6/7 bags extra £25 using uni (saves £10 on pva) so it's £15 more
(I can add that to the cost of the job & not lose the job as I'm going expensive ) no gluing - no waiting - no areas taking up & others not - I get the room done quicker , as I can mix & apply straight away
-it shells ?
I've used it on full houses & a lot of other jobs over various backgrounds it's had no call backs
A ten pound tub of pva dilutes to 25ls.........you use 25l of pva on a room ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.