• £10++

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hstoke

As we have been posting comments on unifinish lately
what as tradesman would we pay to kick start the market for unifinish

Think it would need to be near to multi, might make peeps think twice whilst at the merchants? At the moment guys will generally stick with what they know and trust. It's our reps at stake. Need to give an incentive to make us take the chance. Though haven't seen a real actual bag of it yet?! :confused:

They have it at my local trade point but it's £11 odd a bag. My local MKM even refuse to stock the stuff after last time and their prices ran into £13-14. It's not worth it.

T

cheerz Dan I don't think the product will be disappearing yet but u never know .the price needs to come down though and better deals at yer local or national merchants

I think it will be here for a while yet... they wont give up on it too soon after all the R&D and what not that goes with it... if the price came down to near multi then it would really see if plasterers will use it... even if its a loss leader

If it was a quid a bag I still.wouldn't trust it:endesacuerdo:......
had two bags of the first uni for free....but it went in the skip after seeing loads of opinions on here:tarjetaroja:..........still never used it and doubt i ever will.......met a fellow forum member today...and he is of the same opinion.....and hes used it...

how long will it be pushed?...that must be 2-3 years now?

If it was a quid a bag I still.wouldn't trust it:endesacuerdo:......
had two bags of the first uni for free....but it went in the skip after seeing loads of opinions on here:tarjetaroja:..........still never used it and doubt i ever will.......met a fellow forum member today...and he is of the same opinion.....and hes used it...

how long will it be pushed?...that must be 2-3 years now?

who did you meet today then :D

Hi all, we can see Thistle UniFinish is getting you talking!
In terms of pricing, UniFinish is designed to be a time-saver so you are able to complete small jobs more quickly and be able to move on which hopefully helps to save you money overall. It can also cut out the mess and hassle of having to pva. It’s not meant to be a replacement for Multi Finish, as @Danny said, just another option!

In terms of pricing, UniFinish is designed to be a time-saver so you are able to complete small jobs more quickly and be able to move on which hopefully helps to save you money overall. It can also cut out the mess and hassle of having to pva. It’s not meant to be a replacement for Multi Finish, as @Danny said, just another option!
How is big is a small job can't we put it on 3or 4 metre walls ceilings or is that a small job help reduce your PRICE

C'mon get a grip
image.jpeg
:aburrido:

These small jobs you speak of are few and far between I can't think off the top of my head when it would be an advantage. You have designed a product to benefit plasterers then took the benefit away with the price, so you are back at square one.

Lets face it its a pile o old pants and dont make financial sense , prob why its been been mixed through the multi to get rid in a "great escape" styley like the soil down the trousers mixed through the veg plots while nobody was looking :foto:

I'm not convinced it would save any time at all,I wouldn't be confident just opening a bag mixing up and slapping it on,the surface still needs to be clean of grease and dust so a wipe or brush down would still be good practice,this will take a similar amount of time to using pva.might as well just use pva n multi.

If Its time saving plaster your looking for, like small jobs,patching etc..why not make a 30 min set finish plaster????..( at a reasonable price)
And market as ..."quick set finish,ideal for smaller jobs"????.
This "no need for pva" nonsense aint cutting it? It really aint an issue tbh:endesacuerdo:

If Its time saving plaster your looking for, like small jobs,patching etc..why not make a 30 min set finish plaster????..( at a reasonable price)
And market as ..."quick set finish,ideal for smaller jobs"????.
This "no need for pva" nonsense aint cutting it? It really aint an issue tbh:endesacuerdo:

They could call it Friday plaster. The slogan would be "Get to the pub/bookies nice and early with Friday speedy set skim."

The benefit is lost in the price, most rooms I do there may be two if not three different suction on the background. Uni might suit one if not two of the backgrounds and maybe the ceiling if we are pushing it. One wall will pull in quick which will mess up the guages so your on two guages any way. You might as well prep the lot and be confident it will work for less money an materials and piece of mind. I have spoke to people who use it and it has worked but they haven't seen a benefit in time.

Here is a better idea scrap the uni and reduce the price of the pre grit, you will sell more, I rarely use pva. Do the maths :) this is a good product and rather than try and get rid with uni, reduce the price.

Most of u know I like and was involved in unifinish 2 and I always blow my positive trumpet for the product.I do think that there is a big difference in how relevant price is for unifinish between plasterers and @BritishGypsum .For plasterers on quotes 7 times out of 10 customers only care about the price so after whatever labour costs,material costs are tight.For B.gypsum maybe there is a certain reason for it being that bit more expensive I don't know...but like @Danny said it would be interesting to c if the price was equal to multi (for say a limited time) what would happen.

If it was near multi then there is times i'd probably use it but we're not electricians. Plasterers don't generally fit multiple jobs in to a day so this time saving angle is a dead end. Someone in an office thinks pva'ing is a ballache but its like they don't actually understand why its used.

As people have said multiple suctions in a room are equalised by sealing walls, i'm not going to pay twice as much for materials just so i can rip my arm to bits trying to trowel it up.

I think its a decent idea for a small amount of jobs. Skimming a small artex ceiling on a night shift or similar would be great for it- if people trusted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.