Uni finish

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go on the BG website there are videos (a couple are forum members using it) they sent me a batch to try and I did my own video (Just off my phone, nowt fancy) I havent used it since though

If you go on the BG website there are videos (a couple are forum members using it) they sent me a batch to try and I did my own video (Just off my phone, nowt fancy) I havent used it since though

why is that ?

why is that ?

If I was completely honest with you I suppose I dont have enough faith in the product yet. Like most of us I have used pva on thousands of metres and I know it well, how it behaves on various substrates etc. I always maintained that Uni-finish would only really be tempting to use on glossy paintwork and artex ceilings. Guess I havent got the guts to use it on either yet, plus I know from experience a really low suction surface so then I sheet out quick, create a through draft and pva quick.

I got 4 ceilings over artex booked in to do on a house that is occupied. If the gear is good this time round I would not mind giving it a go and get the job done quicker?

Im not using it til I hear plenty of positive reports. Besides do a domestic too quick and you're bound to be questioned on your price or get a reputation as expensive. Think about this, we dont need rates dropping.

That's my worry. I'm expensive anyway but get payed to do a good job! Last thing I want is a comeback from something that's not down to me!

I meant to say I'm expensive compared to a lot of the fly-by-nights that are around these days.

If its an effective product for us, it can be a good earner, but say for example you would charge 100 for a ceiling thats pva'd and skimmed and takes 4 hours, and with uni it takes 2 hours thats good money, but if we start reducing the costs and time it takes we start reducing the amount of work we have, and for those that solely rely on reskim work that could cause problems.

If I was completely honest with you I suppose I dont have enough faith in the product yet. Like most of us I have used pva on thousands of metres and I know it well, how it behaves on various substrates etc. I always maintained that Uni-finish would only really be tempting to use on glossy paintwork and artex ceilings. Guess I havent got the guts to use it on either yet, plus I know from experience a really low suction surface so then I sheet out quick, create a through draft and pva quick.

i understand that , it will never sell the cost alone will kill that product

What is the price it is selling at ? I love the ,"i got it but I'm afraid to use it" that inspires me! As far as I am aware it is sold with the warning "its up to the applicator to checkthat the background is sound ie no flaking paint ,no distemper ,not over paint that may peel ,my concern is that the proper test is by using pva and then scrape testing which sort of defeats the object,there are bound to be failures due to the e plasterers failure to interpret the capabilities , I think I would not buy or use this product myself. @BritishGypsum @Danny

What is the price it is selling at ? I love the ,"i got it but I'm afraid to use it" that inspires me! As far as I am aware it is sold with the warning "its up to the applicator to checkthat the background is sound ie no flaking paint ,no distemper ,not over paint that may peel ,my concern is that the proper test is by using pva and then scrape testing which sort of defeats the object,there are bound to be failures due to the e plasterers failure to interpret the capabilities , I think I would not buy or use this product myself. @BritishGypsum @Danny

You can do the tape test piece of duck tape press firmly on the wall give it afew mins and pull off if the paint comes off the paint isn't bonded well enough. Pva/pre grits works fine for me don't mind the prep work.

Status
Not open for further replies.