Uni-finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! Hoping to get a go with it soon tho.boy in keyline reckons it will be out early december:RpS_thumbup:

i thought it was out this month?? i want to try it just to say i have and so i know what i think of it

Hmm... Might be worth a try on a small artexed ceiling or something but I'm not sure I'd trust it tbh. It'd be nice if the set time was slower like the old carlite finish especially for high suction backgrounds. I get the impression you'd need a really flat scratch coat if it takes in quickly?

Hmm... Might be worth a try on a small artexed ceiling or something but I'm not sure I'd trust it tbh. It'd be nice if the set time was slower like the old carlite finish especially for high suction backgrounds. I get the impression you'd need a really flat scratch coat if it takes in quickly?
. Caspers used it mate on artex lid think he gave it the thumbs up:RpS_biggrin:

Last edited:
what would happen if it failed? would bg cover it or is it the plasterers problem? im sure theyve covered their arses somewhere

what would happen if it failed? would bg cover it or is it the plasterers problem? im sure theyve covered their arses somewhere

We were just talking about this today while blue-gritting a stairwell. And we came to the conclusion that BG would wriggle out of just about every complaint....you didn't dust off the wall properly....you should have washed the paint before application.....you overmixed it... etc etc

Oh aye, probably like the rep gave us a load of bull about why board finish was going off like crazy..

what did they say rhys?
About the additives sometimes get stuck in the chute when it's bagged up so sometimes a load comes out all at once. Said they don't do a summer/winter mix etc. I think they feck about with the mix to try and save money or get pushed by big companies like Persimmons/Barrats etc (not saying these companies but used as an example) to make it to off quicker to get more production out.
The rep took a bag away with him to test - I mixed a bit in a black bucket and it set like buggery. Heard nothing from him at aAllan's he never got back to us.

..Heard nothing from him at all as he never got back to us. (Can't find the edit button - phone autocorrect sometimes goes off on a tangent)

Used uni finish today. Anyone going to use it watch video first. Coated on to untreated bonding today. Obviously expected it to sook in fast and did, very fast. Don't panic and leave it and give second coat within 40 mins. You can put a whole load on with the stuff.

Ha just looked on BG site. We have all seen the vid of the guy scraping off the tiles with his bucket trowel........

Seems there is a new vid now that basically says exactly the same as agourlay123 post above. :RpS_sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.