Ultimate MT

Members online

What the fuuck are you smoking ??
English please danny !!

hahahahahahahaha god that is terrible... tired aftera day wandering the streets...

I think people are going back to basics just to reset their mind for a bit... then they will pick up the s*p*r*lex again...

D
hahahahahahahaha god that is terrible... tired aftera day wandering the streets...

I think people are going back to basics just to reset their mind for a bit... then they will pick up the s*p*r*lex again...
Don't think so Danny,,,I would never have considered anything but mt trowels until I joined forum..done that trying trowels years ago.
I got sucked into that hype about a certain trowel and got one and it's b*ll***s.
Its all hype about most of these so called new tools.

Mines has the gold trim, I assume the black ones are the ones that wear away? My dad has a dureflex but I don't think its the premier the whole trowel has a gold tinge to it. but was only about 40 quid

the mt with gold trim is a gold back, when it was new the blade had a gold tinge to it.
the one with black trim is a basic stainless blade.
your dads duraflex is the basic type.

the mt with gold trim is a gold back, when it was new the blade had a gold tinge to it.
the one with black trim is a basic stainless blade.
your dads duraflex is the basic type.

My trowel with the gold trim on the handle never had the gold tinge to the blade. I've had a shot of my dads and there's something not quite right about, feels a bit chunky or something

the gold trim tells you the trowel is a goldback best quality stainless steel , black trim is a standard stainless trowel.
the highest quality mt trowel is the premier duraflex trowel, there is is also a basic mt duraflex trowel.

How can you tell the difference between the two?

The basic and the premier 'duraflex'?

I prefer the MT Extralite not the preworn shite with gold bits on the handles!!! Yes they take time to break in but when you have they are the best on the planet by far !! No good for lads who just skim all day but lads who do a fair bit of sand cement these trowels are the best.
I rest my case your honour :D

It's about time you sent me something to review Ryno. Recently switch to the MT carbon steel so I would ideal to give feedback on your Nela carbon

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
I think Ryan looks like Fernando Alonso the racing driver !?? o_O
images (92).jpg

How can you tell the difference between the two?

The basic and the premier 'duraflex'?
the basic duraflex has the basic marshalltown handle the durasoft with black trim.
the duraflex premier has a wooden handle, all have the word duraflex printed on them.
there are 4 types of duraflex trowel in each size. the basic comes with a long tang or a short tang, the premier also with long tang or short tang. the short will give you more flex then the long tang. so there is a trowel to suite everyone.

D

Don't think so Danny,,,I would never have considered anything but mt trowels until I joined forum..done that trying trowels years ago.
I got sucked into that hype about a certain trowel and got one and it's b*ll***s.
Its all hype about most of these so called new tools.

I wouldnt say its hype... innovation is important for any industry... going back to basics is a refreshing way to reset and remind you of what the job is all about...

It's about time you sent me something to review Ryno. Recently switch to the MT carbon steel so I would ideal to give feedback on your Nela carbon

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Be carefull what you wish for, this is what I got to review off @Plasterers1StopShop and my Christmas present off @Danny for not last Christmas (I got fuckall) the Christmas before, but in April, which was out of date. Both F*****g useless and that's my review :)
image.jpg

the basic duraflex has the basic marshalltown handle the durasoft with black trim.
the duraflex premier has a wooden handle, all have the word duraflex printed on them.
there are 4 types of duraflex trowel in each size. the basic comes with a long tang or a short tang, the premier also with long tang or short tang. the short will give you more flex then the long tang. so there is a trowel to suite everyone.
Are these the ones ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/MARSHALLTOWN-Premier-4665DFL-DuraFlex-Mounting/dp/B001RIX5GA

You got a glass with it :D I moved house and boxes stacked everywhere...

Dot forget the monstrous hamper the year before :D
That was three Christmases ago when you were poor lol there are some mugs who got a mug for working Sunday lol

yes, that is the short tang version, more flexible, a few pound cheaper.
Do you know anywhere that sells them been on that Rollins and there not there ,amazon sold out, wanted one for a while but just can't find them on internet.

Do you know anywhere that sells them been on that Rollins and there not there ,amazon sold out, wanted one for a while but just can't find them on internet.
Another trowel ? Lol come on if your getting a good finish why change it or mess about? I understand we all want to improve and get faster but another trowel the same size as the one your using is going backwards? Fair enough if your a geek and love tools (just to add I treat some of my tools like family) that's fine but please start a YouTube channel xx

Another trowel ? Lol come on if your getting a good finish why change it or mess about? I understand we all want to improve and get faster but another trowel the same size as the one your using is going backwards? Fair enough if your a geek and love tools (just to add I treat some of my tools like family) that's fine but please start a YouTube channel xx
Think they look nice not seen anyone even put a review about them and I need a new mt,:birra:

This will make you laugh I was thinking of trying a 20 inch trowel,serious.

Think they look nice not seen anyone even put a review about them and I need a new mt,:birra:

Why do you go through so many trowels? I've had three trowels in ten years and had two handboards in 27 years lol

there are a few on amazon .com [usa] and amazon canada. but read the advert as some have photos then state out of stock. some duraflexs are listed as galvanized blade i presume this is stainless steel.
if you purchase outside EEC you may get a extra hit, import duty 10%, 20%vat and a £10 charge from the postoffice for collecting your payment.

Why do you go through so many trowels? I've had three trowels in ten years and had two handboards in 27 years lol
I used to think the mt the longer you had them the better but personally don't think that is true (for me anyway) I like the mt newer and not so worn in (especially the permashpe I think after a couple off years isn't as nice as a newish one).
Maybe I'm just a weirdo.:aburrido:
A lot will say the longer the better and better worn in etc with a trowel,think it's a load of rubbish my oldest mt was crap compared to new permashape after 6 months

one of my sons has the 24 inch mt, and i have heard the word that flynnymans wife purchased one for him a while back !

one of my sons has the 24 inch mt, and i have heard the word that flynnymans wife purchased one for him a while back !
Oh yeh that big mother f**k*r lol it's in the van I see it every day and have thought of giving it another go :) and a lesson in don't buy things when your wrecked lol

Can't remember where I got it the brother picked it up for me and I rearly used it but was using it for sand and cement and 'twas a joy to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk