UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi46

Private Member
Is nobody into ufc? To be honest I've only just got into it recently. I think boxing pails in comparison. Got up this morning to watch the McGregor v Aldo fight and it was over in 13seconds lol No fannying about in UFC

My favourite ! The best of the best and guaranteed you won't waste your time watching any of the fights. Can't wait to see how Fedor will perform at New Year's Eve after 3 years of absence . Leaving legend and deserves his name" the last emperor " :rock:

Been watching it on/off for years but really got back in to it this year for the ultimate fighter series mcgregor vs faber and it was quality.

I think mcgregor's banter helps alot, the yanks and even europeans dont really have the same sort of humour we do. Blokes nails hard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The early ufc was the best in my opinion, no rounds and minimal rules but back in the Early days it was a karate guy vs judo guy or bjj vs Kung fu, Royce Gracie dominated the first ten contests before people caught on you need to have a brilliant ground game if your want to compete at the level they used to, then out of that what we know as mma was born, pride and vale tudo was also good to watch, as for legends look no further than rickson Gracie or bad rutten two of the best in my opinion

The early days, oh yes it was interesting ! Even now when I look back I am still amused and can see how it has changed through the years. You never know what will happen in the ring and when. Can be 5 rounds or a few seconds , but yes the early days....:rolleyes:

I remember the "ultimate fighting" stuffbefore UFC that Gracie guy won it all the time plus a Russian bloke killed some opponent whichbi think kick started rules etc??

The early days, oh yes it was interesting ! Even now when I look back I am still amused and can see how it has changed through the years. You never know what will happen in the ring and when. Can be 5 rounds or a few seconds , but yes the early days....:rolleyes:

I've not seen the early stuff from the beginning, that video might have just started a good few nights of ignoring the wife to see what i've been missing. Obv heard of royce gracie but hadn't seen his fights. Pretty excited to get stuck in to that now to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Igor vovchenchin was another animal in the early days that's if I've spelt his last name right he's was the Russian bear lol good grappler tho and don fry good Greco wrestler who looked like Tom Sellick lol

He retired. Remembered with his kick, but not enough now days. The style has evolved since the early days . Russians have very aggressive and technical style and always pleasure to watch them . This is why I am waiting to see Fedor and if he still has it. He has one of the best striking and ground game. Full package.

And has the strength too

Yes, but fedor dominated and was more aggressive . Had no problem to eat his kicks and that was shocking.Usually Mirko put his opponents away with his kick, but this wasn't the case back then.

Where does mirko cro cop fit in? I remember watching him a few times. He was awesome!
Cro cop was never the same after he got knocked out with a head kick from Gabriel gonzala what a f**k**g kick that was, that was the first ufc back in uk about 06/07 I think I went to Manchester to watch it [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.