u value in rough cast

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southlakes

hi
i been told that after hacking of the old rough cast and replacing with new
i have to put a U value into the wall by using a blanket into the scrach coat..
i been told by building control????
does any one know what they are on about!
i belive this is the same for s and c render and dry dash..

there are some control reg that say if you remove and refit more than around 20% ish of a render system then you must thermally upgrade - just a bent rule because they wont grant fund thermal render they have a law that puts the onus onto the customer to fork out for it that in turn helps their green targets. typical
I think the customer can refuse tho and you are off the hook because you offered not exactly sure how this works but I dont know anyone as yet who has had to do this in the real world. cant help you on the blanket thing tho I aint seen anyone render over any such product - remember not all these building controll twits know about the products on the market maybe he just means an insulated system

building control say that u must insulate if it is possible, viable and the saving in heating bills cover the xtra cost in a certain time frame. In time if your house does not have certain specs regarding thermal insulation then mortgage companies can hold retentions until the house is insulated to the british standard. This will make it more difficult to sell a house
I have seen a spec up aberwrystwyth for their council houses of celotex boards fixed to the wall, with EML fixed all over and then render and rough cast. dunno if its any good or if it works

Last edited:
I put kingspan (60mm I think) over my bay window external wall, then EML with S & C over the top. That was about 3 years ago and seems fine up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.