tyrolean

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

the tyrolean has blown off the surface of a property in large areas...the existing render is now exposed. it looks ok , just the odd crack here and there,.i was thinking that i could just use a slurry of sbr and cement onto the render , wait till its gone tacky, and then apply my tyrolean.. would this work??
also can i make my own tyrolean with kiln dried sand and cement? instead of buying the expensive weber stuff
many thanks

Think you got all the answers you need marra. i wouldnt buy kiln dried sand just for the tyrolean just knock up the render your using a bit wetter for spraying the texture

i would sbr and slurry the areas, then let them dry out, you may have to leave it for a few days. as you need as high suction for tyrolean, or it will run.
i use just plastering sand, or sharpe sand with cement, mixed really wet ,untill it matches the original tyrolean

thanks mate ... think i will just use normal sand .. perhaps the kiln dried will be too fine

Don't forget that the over spray will hit the existing , thus increasing the texture around the patch

Status
Not open for further replies.