Tyrolean - weather slowing me down - just a moan.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

Alright lads, how is work for everyone at the moment?

anybody doing any tyrolean?

I am - must be a muppet.

got a tyrolean job on the go scartch and top coat done last week (took ages for it to set) ready for tyrolean this week. However just seen the forecast and it's getting a little cold. At this rate they will be waiting a while. Or am I just being a wimp? (My hands do get cold haha)

hope all is good for ya.

If you have some suction you should be ok. At this time of year the top coat will have absorbed some moisture from the air so the top coat will have some water already in it although it looks dry.

First 2 passes should be ok but then if it is full of water leave it till the next day to finish off. Watch for the overnight temperatures or it could blow.

Good week this week , not much rain , bang it on mate , the weather will only get worse , and i have 7 houses booked in for mono :RpS_crying:

Last edited:
Good week this week , not much rain , bang it on mate , the weather will only get worse , and i have 7 houses booked in for mono :RpS_crying:

Jack frost nipping at your mono marra..............................:-0

In this weather, try getting the scaffs to put another tube 4ft higher than the top handrail, then you can tarp the scaffold in, keeps a bit of frost and cold out..

Knee deep up till crimbo.........................how cold are empty farm houses, by the way.................................:RpS_crying:

Again Bubbs..................thinkin oot side the box marra........................:RpS_thumbup:

and the multi feels like spreading treacle this time of year................:RpS_crying:

I'm going for it tomorrow. Im going to take two sets of sight lights and keep them shining on me for warmth. Indoor jobs only for me until it warms up from now.

Paint or roll on a sloppy Tyrolean mix and leave till the next day ,it's will be a good key for your passes and you won't have any misses as it will be all the one colour

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Well it's raining so won't be doing it today. Going to try again tomorrow. Although the evening temp is going down to 0. Would you lads go for it still?

Don't worry too much about 0c. Thats a ground frost, worry when it goes beyond -3c. Is it a heated house? Bear in mind there will be a certain amount of heat loss. I did a mono job yesterday expecting it to be a bit green this morning but no hard as a rock! Same material last year took all day to go off but empty house so no heat loss.

FFS just get it on son.as said earlier,cover up after application and don't lay on if more than -3 over nite.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.