Tyrolean Question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

cargo

Just a quickie "so to speak" ;-)
How long do you guys generally leave smooth faced render before Tyrolean is applied.
I wanna go on mine the day after the top coat of sand n cement is applied (weather permiting)
I am sure I have done this in the past but thought I best check it out on here.
Also area to be covered is aprox 10 sq metres would 3 bags of Weber be enough ?

Gaz

Hello we was Tyroleaning last week float it day before without water proofer then sprayed it on next day also that should be plenty of bags

Hello we was Tyroleaning last week float it day before without water proofer then sprayed it on next day also that should be plenty of bags

Spot on just what I wanted to hear.Floated it today, hope for good weather tommorrow.

Many thanks Ian.

Gaz

i normally leave it at least 5 days and put lime in the top coat. 3 bags is more than enough marra normally get 4-5 m2 from a bag.............

Thanks all, job went a treat I used 1 1/2 bags. looks proper nice too if I don't mind saying so myself :)
I try to avoid the renedering if poss as it's a pain in the butt for a one man gang and you got all to tooing and frowing but sometimes you just have to do them.
Whilst masking up I was cursing myself that this would be the last one then blow me not 2 hours after there I was agreeing to do the nieghbours. "will use up the 1 1/2 bags I have leftover"
Thanks again.

Gaz

Good luck. Ive seen it done next day and with the render shrinking when drying ive seen the tyro pop off in sheets.

Good luck. Ive seen it done next day and with the render shrinking when drying ive seen the tyro pop off in sheets.

Hmmm, does it really shrink that much.

My guess is that it would be for another reason, perhaps the substate had no suction so the water collected between the render and the tyrolean? Tyrolean is quite water resistant.

Yeah that's what I would think too.

I'm no expert with the stuff but when we last did it we devil floated the render and left it a few days. Then skimmed a thin coat of tyrolean on and sprayed onto that.

I did think that maybe the tyrolean was preventing the render from drying out.

i think it all depends what material that you are spraying with, if you are spraying cullamix then you must let the render dry out. but for the last few years we have sprayed the render with sand and cement so that the customer can then decorate whatever colour they like ,as the choice of colours with cullamix is now very small.

Ive only ever used cullamix. I suppose mixing your own would be different but id still want to let it cure before i sprayed just incase.

try it beddy when you get the chance. when we render we use the same material just wetter ,give it a spray the same day. as it is all the same colour there is less filling in a nice quick job = easy money

try it beddy when you get the chance. when we render we use the same material just wetter ,give it a spray the same day. as it is all the same colour there is less filling in a nice quick job = easy money
When your spraying with sand and cement do u put any chemical in like waterproofer sbr or owt

When your spraying with sand and cement do u put any chemical in like waterproofer sbr or owt

no. it is the same corse stuff that we rendered with sand, cement lime + a little feb. we do not use waterproofer at all in render for tyrolean as we want high suction

Status
Not open for further replies.