tyrolean matching

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

hi all
ive been asked to do abit of tyrolean. Im going to practice on a very small area to start with, that is out of sight.I have a few little questions. I have had a search on here and cant seem to find what im looking for.
This is what i need to match up with.
002.jpg

the rest is just house brick and the person wants it to look like this.
I was going to rake out the joints for a key and maybe use an sbr slurry then put a scratch coat on then top it and the tyrolean on that after a day or two. It is only a small area that i need to do but i havnt done tyrloean before so thought id give it ago.
I have read that you can tyrolean over the scratch coat but i wanted to check with you guys here as im not so sure on that one. Also is it easy to work out the quantities for doing tyrolean?

Would appreciate any help on this as its always good to learn, hope you guys dont mind me asking
cheers

Tyrolene is easily matched in with a gun mate, but you don't put it on the scratch coat - two coats, top coat lightly brushed or floated, then flicked on with the tyrolene gun:RpS_thumbup:................how big an area you doing?

theres two parts under the kitchen window and then under the bedroom at the back all together prob looking at about 16 square metres altogether.
The house next door has the same tyrolean finish but they havnt used a drip bead?
i was going to use one!would there be a reason not to use one?

that looks like tyrolean that's been painted , do as bubs said, and use a drip bead if you need to, or you could use an ocr with a bit of tinkerin, then tyro

thanks lads had a little go today and it came up alright! Just have a couple of questions.
They have asked me to do one more wall for them its about 11m long and 3m high, it does have a window in the middle.
i was going to use bead around the window?is this right as an old chap walked by saying he used to do it and that he never used bead when doing tyrolean!
also at 11m long i dont need to use a movment joint do i?

Thanks for your advice again!!

Old chaps like me never used beads externally - EVER! ............but if you're planning on using them that's fine mate. As for the movement joint, if you know where the wall is gonna move, put it there.............and give me six numbers for Saturdays' lottery:RpS_thumbup:

and if ya mean 'thanks'...........prove it:RpS_biggrin:

7,11,23,39,42,49 now if they come in im going to be f##cked off!may have to go and buy a ticket now!!

hey just one more little question think im thinking to much on this but going to ask anyway as dont want to cock it up! Regarding rendering up to the window frames is it ok to just render straight up to them and leave a nice edge or is it best to use a render stop bead?

hope those numbers come in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.