Two coat vs three coat stucco

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evaro

I am northern California, doing a project to replace some wood siding with stucco and to break away existing stucco to install a foundation drip screed. The building is from the 1960s.

My neighbor (a GC) offered me his stucco sub. I got a second opinion (C-35 license) and the bid was much cheaper, turns out it was for two coats. My neighbor says I absolutely want three coats, otherwise it will crack and I'll be sorry. The C-35 says that they used to use two coats before three coat came around in the 1980s. He says the rest of the building is two coat and if I want it to blend in with what I already have, I should go with two coat.

Let me clarify that he is not talking about one-coat stucco that is applied as two layers. I think what he might mean is that there was a scratch & brown with no thin finish coat? I'm asking him to clarify.

I'm all for saving money and not doing unnecessary work, but I just want to make sure it's done properly. Who is right? Is the C-35 making any sense?

Thanks.

I am northern California, doing a project to replace some wood siding with stucco and to break away existing stucco to install a foundation drip screed. The building is from the 1960s.

My neighbor (a GC) offered me his stucco sub. I got a second opinion (C-35 license) and the bid was much cheaper, turns out it was for two coats. My neighbor says I absolutely want three coats, otherwise it will crack and I'll be sorry. The C-35 says that they used to use two coats before three coat came around in the 1980s. He says the rest of the building is two coat and if I want it to blend in with what I already have, I should go with two coat.

Let me clarify that he is not talking about one-coat stucco that is applied as two layers. I think what he might mean is that there was a scratch & brown with no thin finish coat? I'm asking him to clarify.

I'm all for saving money and not doing unnecessary work, but I just want to make sure it's done properly. Who is right? Is the C-35 making any sense?

Thanks.
Totally lost in translation

kirk.......kirk........................KIRK where the fucks kirk when you need him, ask giordano plastering mate he will know our american cousins speak a different language to us

i think hes based in california aswell whether its northern cali i dont know but right kind of area

Status
Not open for further replies.