Turned up to new project and look at this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeves1985

Turned up up to a new job what could be an amazing barn conversion.

97Lyt.jpg

Upstairs nearly all completely boarded by the owners brother who is supposed to be a plasterer
it made me absolutely sick.
Look at the state of it
I daren't even put a straight edge on it.

Told the the guy it needs to come down and be re done properly but he said that's not an option

everything is 4 corners the gaps and state of the boards are unreal.
Walls moving all over the shop
Some boards screwed directly to block work and to add insult haven't even plugged.

I honestly just can't believe it, I've seen some rubbish in my time and I don't tout I'm the best at this and that but I think I could have done it better pissed up with a blind fold on.

This could have been a brilliant conversion and the guys just ruined it
I'm now in two minds to even put my name on the upstairs

wanna b careful there fella, takes a long time to get a gd reputation, only takes a job like this to ruin your name

just refuse to do the f**k*r i really can be arsed with others shat work and they expect your to be perfect

Nowt wrong there..except they cables need to be a bit longer:-0.....just in case:rolleyes)

Last edited:
It makes more sense now I looked at it side on. Tell the bloke to cram it mate. Looks like the window reveal boards arent cut straight

Forgot about that bit - they have to come off, regardless of what the customer says.
He's already proved he doesn't know anything about it by allowing it :RpS_thumbup:

Yeah all window boards are off
reveals aren't square

having a meeting in the morning to see where we go as either way it's gonna f**k me over

Rock and a hard place spring to mind

started some of the upstairs bedrooms that weren't in bad shape and got them looking right
but that landing corridor something's gotta be done it can't be skimmed like it is!

I suppose were were going to find out how stuck in his opinion he is

it's a shame as downstairs it's all ours board and skim

in two minds wether to cut my loses and scratch around for 3 weeks after passing about that much work off!

Yet again another changer killing the good guys

if he wont budge on any suggestions you try to imply, just tell him your happy to do the work, but will not be guaranteeing the work and you don't want your name associated with it.

Yeah all window boards are off
reveals aren't square

having a meeting in the morning to see where we go as either way it's gonna f**k me over

Rock and a hard place spring to mind

started some of the upstairs bedrooms that weren't in bad shape and got them looking right
but that landing corridor something's gotta be done it can't be skimmed like it is!

I suppose were were going to find out how stuck in his opinion he is

it's a shame as downstairs it's all ours board and skim

in two minds wether to cut my loses and scratch around for 3 weeks after passing about that much work off!

Yet again another changer killing the good guys
Ah............ so he wants you to do all the 'public' bits.
Fuk it then, as DannyMac says, tell him you'll skim the upstairs as it is if that's what he wants. No guarantees :RpS_thumbup:

Very true he's already had the no guarantee warning

I've told him as soon as someone hits it with a roller some bits will crack

just have to see what he says when I tell him the landings all gotta come off

It's called 'character' isn't it :RpS_laugh:

At least, that's what I call it when my work turns out shoit :RpS_thumbup:

It don't look all that bad ffs what do u want straight walls :rolleyes)

to be fair thats what i thought looking from the pic, its like when someone takes some pics of their plastering, its hard to tell if its ny gd unless ur looking at up close

I'll get a good picture for you to highlight it more tbf when I looked at the pic it is a little dark and hard to see

Why doesnt the customers brother who is a 'plasterer' skim the bits he has boarded ?? Has he not been arsed cos he new he wasnt skimming it ? Either charge for bonding out if its possible some walls are to far gone like the Himalayans and no where to work from and F*****g hell cant be floating the whole lot out for the price of skimming ..... Orrrr tell him skimming is 3mm thick and what ever shape the boards are they will pritty much be the same when skimmed , could be a ******* to skim thou hard to see with out looking at it in person lol

Turned up up to a new job what could be an amazing barn conversion.

97Lyt.jpg

Upstairs nearly all completely boarded by the owners brother who is supposed to be a plasterer
it made me absolutely sick.
Look at the state of it
I daren't even put a straight edge on it.

Told the the guy it needs to come down and be re done properly but he said that's not an option

everything is 4 corners the gaps and state of the boards are unreal.
Walls moving all over the shop
Some boards screwed directly to block work and to add insult haven't even plugged.

I honestly just can't believe it, I've seen some rubbish in my time and I don't tout I'm the best at this and that but I think I could have done it better pissed up with a blind fold on.

This could have been a brilliant conversion and the guys just ruined it
I'm now in two minds to even put my name on the upstairs

Why did they plasterboard the walls on a barn conversion ffs !!!???? Traditional methods in keeping with the character !!????? Sand and Cement !!!! Ggrrrrrrrrr :RpS_mad:

Why did they plasterboard the walls on a barn conversion ffs !!!???? Traditional methods in keeping with the character !!????? Sand and Cement !!!! Ggrrrrrrrrr :RpS_mad:

Probably lime actually. It'll come down to cost I'd imagine, which is why he doesn't want to pay someone decent to board it.

Status
Not open for further replies.