Trying to match a finish

Steveroni9000s

Hello to all, new on this forum. Trying to figure out how to duplicate a finish for a large patch. Interior wall. Not a pro with plaster, more of a drywall guy so I'm scratching my head over this one. Basically, either I figure out how to copy this or we have to rock the room. Anybody know what this finish is called? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3959.jpg
    IMG_3959.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3960.jpg
    IMG_3960.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3961.jpg
    IMG_3961.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 101
Hello to all, new on this forum. Trying to figure out how to duplicate a finish for a large patch. Interior wall. Not a pro with plaster, more of a drywall guy so I'm scratching my head over this one. Basically, either I figure out how to copy this or we have to rock the room. Anybody know what this finish is called? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve
Get rid of it FFS!
What madman would won’t to try and recreate that shite.

Thanks,
Steve

It's a type of broken leather laced. That's the name of it when artexing. It looks like a version of that.

Gear has to be wettish - get a very thin polythene bag, over a sponge or texturing pad.

Stipple and texture.

After 20 mins and/or it has firmed up, lace it over with flimsy plastic lacing tool. (Think of ice cream lid flexibility) and use lightly like a trowel to 'smudge it' to finish off.

It's a type of broken leather laced. That's the name of it when artexing. It looks like a version of that.

Gear has to be wettish - get a very thin polythene bag, over a sponge or texturing pad.

Stipple and texture.

After 20 mins and/or it has firmed up, lace it over with flimsy plastic lacing tool. (Think of ice cream lid flexibility) and use lightly like a trowel to 'smudge it' to finish off.
Vandal.

Stipple and texture.

What a faff

Stipple and texture.

Hey Bobski thanks for the tip. Background, it's an old duplex for a rental. Owner wants it done ASAP to rent, ugly not a concern to the guy. I'll give the cat's arse a go if it don't pan out. Thanks again for the step by step.