Trying again.....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamRush

Hey Guys,

I put up an ad a few weeks ago asking about an apprenticeship..... I got pretty much slaughtered (Right on), but I thought I'd ask again.
Basically I'm now in London working on the construction sites. But I'm really loving Plastering, from what I've been able to do. I've been practicing and I just dig it.
I understand ye seasoned spreads being hesitant. People of my age group tend to be rather arrogant know it alls who are all about the money. I just want to learn the trade.

So yeah, my email address is samandlaura5@gmail.com

Cool
Sam

How old are you Sam, do you have transport, tools?

How much site experience do you have? Have you mainly been labouring, if so was it on plasterers?

I'm not near so can't help with work but you need to supply prospective employers with a little more background on yourself.

Good luck. :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks Danny.
Okay.
I'm 21, I've been working on sites since I was 13, mainly laboring, mainly masonry work. I've also done a lot of green building. Until recently I was building yurts. I've given this up in the hope of learn to plaster.
I have transport. I'm willing to move somewhere in the U.K (or anywhere in Europe really) to learn. I'm not desperate for money, but like I've said, I just really want to learn the trade.
Okay!
Sam

Not Polish. Irish....from the slightly more old school league of immigrant workers into England (I should say however, to any perspective employers reading this, that being more into the disputed state of Northern Ireland has given me the great benefit of having dual citizenship, thus I have absolute permission to be working here).
Thank you warriorupnorth. I really want this, it's not some fad in my brain. I just didn't get the start in my life I wanted, and it's harder to find an open door now.

Hiya mate, If I were you i would try and get more involved in the up and coming systems of render and plastering, The money is really slipping away from being just a plasterer as unlike the older guys on here (me included) were we did the whole trade such as screeding, coving, float and set, you now have just skimmers, screeders etc. Skimming your lucky to get £2.50m2 which means your working your nuts off everyday to earn a days money.
If you got into machine applied renders and plasters you would be in an area which is forever changing which means it stays interesting. I would also get on the net and look at the area's you feel you would maybe move to and write and call the firms in that area.
organizations like Train to Gain can help you find companies who are looking for trainees . Ring the collages that teach construction skills as they will also know who you need to contact.
I we are mainly an external render company but I will email you our details and if you let me have your contact number we can have a chat in the future. Don't go putting your number on an open forum mate , there's some right strange ones on here.

Anyway all the best mate and hope the above helps

Hiya mate, If I were you i would try and get more involved in the up and coming systems of render and plastering, The money is really slipping away from being just a plasterer as unlike the older guys on here (me included) were we did the whole trade such as screeding, coving, float and set, you now have just skimmers, screeders etc. Skimming your lucky to get £2.50m2 which means your working your nuts off everyday to earn a days money.
If you got into machine applied renders and plasters you would be in an area which is forever changing which means it stays interesting. I would also get on the net and look at the area's you feel you would maybe move to and write and call the firms in that area.
organizations like Train to Gain can help you find companies who are looking for trainees . Ring the collages that teach construction skills as they will also know who you need to contact.
I we are mainly an external render company but I will email you our details and if you let me have your contact number we can have a chat in the future. Don't go putting your number on an open forum mate , there's some right strange ones on here.

Anyway all the best mate and hope the above helps

I don't know who you are but does Paul know you're logging on under his name and being all nice to people?:RpS_wink:

Best of luck mate ,there are some right tossers on here as you have seen that use it for there own chat room ,but also some top guys as above and more ,stay with it mate

Thanks for your lovely comment guys. Still holding out but oh well, maybe it will happen. Been working 15 hours straight for two weeks now.....knackered, will enjoy a couple of days in sunny Norfolk (eeeh argh)

Status
Not open for further replies.