tryd some thing new today thanks to the tpf

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimplas1

after reading several posts on here i tryd toppping of my s and c scratch coat on the same day instead of leaving a couple of drying days inbetween and im well impressed, i was rubbing it up less than an hr after putting it on.. result.

If you do it the same day then all the joints in the block work "bleed" thro even if it gets painted, expect as call off the customer the first time it rains on it after its dried and they can see every joint in the covered brick/block work.

i do this with hardwall but never tried it with sand and cement,, hope it does not crack

lol, i should have called the thread tryd something new internaly....... but that sound so wrong. and hope it doesnt crack as ive used sbr and will leave it 7 days before skimming

Wish you had used the "tried something new internally" title, imagine all the funny replies you would have had ?? :RpS_laugh:

lol, i should have called the thread tryd something new internaly....... but that sound so wrong. and hope it doesnt crack as ive used sbr and will leave it 7 days before skimming
sorry mate i thought you meant you skimmed it same day,, i do do this aswell,,, no it wont crack then,,

Wish you had used the "tried something new internally" title, imagine all the funny replies you would have had ?? :RpS_laugh:
he probably thinks he got enough funny replies anyway with us all reading his post wrong

we always float sand and cement in two coats. the first coat kills the suction lay the second coat on and it rules off easy.
we never scratch or leave the first coat on floating.

after reading several posts on here i tryd toppping of my s and c scratch coat on the same day instead of leaving a couple of drying days inbetween and im well impressed, i was rubbing it up less than an hr after putting it on.. result.
You might be shovelling it up soon mate...

Ive seen dampproofers do it this way , just go round all work first thing first coating , second coat at 11 ish on the first bits that were started or so then all rubbed up flush with existing

Ive seen dampproofers do it this way , just go round all work first thing first coating , second coat at 11 ish on the first bits that were started or so then all rubbed up flush with existing
That's because of the waterproof additives they have to put in, had they just scratched and left till next day for the top coat. It would hang all day and likely slide in places depending on thickness etc

Thats how i do it internally, scratch and top the same day, nice and easy:RpS_thumbsup:

2 passes but still 1 coat. I class 2 coats as scratch the first. Let it set and cure. Then coat again

I always two coat s/c internal as well as external :RpS_thumbup: only internal better to do both coats same day

CRACK:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.