Troweltalkphhnwind lets talk straightedge

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 32554

What's your approach to float and set , bonding and hardwall
Alternative approach to large and small walls or do you sack two coats on and rule off with your eyes shut
Kitchen or cupboard , 10 or 40 m+ , speed or quality any old skool or have you given up
Have a listen to this whilst your thinking how am I gonna take the p155

What's your approach to float and set , bonding and hardwall
Alternative approach to large and small walls or do you sack two coats on and rule off with your eyes shut
Kitchen or cupboard , 10 or 40 m+ , speed or quality any old skool or have you given up
Have a listen to this whilst your thinking how am I gonna take the p155

I seen gear get thrown on. Full rooms in no time and it being top draw
Yep true not saying good but plenty of bad , why I mentioned kitchens , requiring good for second fix

I seen gear get thrown on. Full rooms in no time and it being top draw
Do you think if their was a resurgence of float and set on site their would be the labour for it
Musical interlude time

Float & set everything I can. It’s flexible to use on good/crap shaped walls. It’s insulated. You can wallpaper the walls then slash it with water and scrape it off time & time again. Hammer nails/screws in and it’s an easy repair when removed. PROPER PLASTERING IMO
Dammed right ,although DND has its uses but let's get down to the serious question

What did you think of the Benny Goodman track

It was on the news the other day about sh.t quality new builds , would hope to see more float and set but it probably won't happen , people are quite mad to hand over a majority of their not as well earned cash for a box in a box and not think twice , even pleased with themselves for accomplishing such a thing

Just floated and set out a house refurb. 80% of walls anyhow. Next house will be my own.
Have done the odd wall here and there before, but not a whole house. I’m crap.

Just floated and set out a house refurb. 80% of walls anyhow. Next house will be my own.
Have done the odd wall here and there before, but not a whole house. I’m crap.
Great stuff that violent femmes ,
I'm always on day rate with my builder and money is not a problem , it takes as long as it takes and the customer is getting a bargain as far as he's concerned
I pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms and check float with level so not too OTT , think of money on their behalf, most of the other walls are as it goes as long as the skirt is ok
On site / m I wouldn't stand a chance but it would be better than a lot of the dabbed I've come across , can see a lot more customers wanting it on smaller sites though and not the spreads to do it

All my floated walls are plumb and flat Jo. I take pride in what I do.
Sure you and many do, we all have to compromise occasionally

How much extra time to float to within 5 mm plumb in a 3 × 3 room

John , Jo will do, idiot is fine , nut case is technically correct

Some medication for you all whilst you ponder the question