Troweltalkphhnwind lets talk straightedge

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date
Ii’m now a bit lost heading home - these Devon roads are scary, nets are a twitching.

I
As In, what’s his choice Hardwall or s&c. :)
I'm not interested in how good a spread is or saying I am , just how much extra time to float to within 5 mm plumb , which I couldn't do in less than 2 additional hrs for setting profiles to rule from

Did a small bathroom last year in one of the few posh houses in Bedford , couldn't stop looking at the quality , lime , before I left I decided to get me plumb line out , 10 ' walls like a snooker table and bang on perfect , now labour was cheap in them days but they didn't go with the flow, they must have used battens and plumb line

I would like sc with lime but hardwall has thermal advantages

View attachment 34112Still lost - but look at this front door, it’s only 3/4 of a door. And the cheap spread has defo used galv beads...look at that rust stain on that arris.
Note too Lastlaff - must get a life when drunk.
I know that house , yours is turn left at the next lamppost , 200yds on the right , your missus has had a new door so the key won't work , just shout really loudly
" open the door I'm ready for some rumpy pumpy "

I’ve finally found my door - I’ve been scootering all over this village, it all looks so different when it’s dark and your miraculous.

View attachment 34113I’ve finally found my door - I’ve been scootering all over this village, it all looks so different when it’s dark and your miraculous.
No lights on that scooter , don't forget to to take your arm and knee pads off before you go to bed , I'm not going to discuss your helmet

Great stuff that violent femmes ,
I'm always on day rate with my builder and money is not a problem , it takes as long as it takes and the customer is getting a bargain as far as he's concerned
I pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms and check float with level so not too OTT , think of money on their behalf, most of the other walls are as it goes as long as the skirt is ok
On site / m I wouldn't stand a chance but it would be better than a lot of the dabbed I've come across , can see a lot more customers wanting it on smaller sites though and not the spreads to do it
I did float and set with S&C for most of my working life and all my work was done using a level to check for plumb.
Any wall over about three feet long would have screeds dropped at both ends. Kitchens and bathrooms didn't get any special treatment because my aim was to get it all right. All that said I don't kid myself and I'm sure that I made mistakes like anyone would.

I did float and set with S&C for most of my working life and all my work was done using a level to check for plumb.
Any wall over about three feet long would have screeds dropped at both ends. Kitchens and bathrooms didn't get any special treatment because my aim was to get it all right. All that said I don't kid myself and I'm sure that I made mistakes like anyone would.
So what I'm getting to is the use of framework ensures top quality and set up to do it as standard on site for hardwall just isn't done , and just the suggestion brings out the men in white coats , people think that it looks amateur and don't consider traditional methods , knock on benefits have no interest to few other than small concerns

I'm not doing it by the way lol I'm semi retired and enjoy the variety of renovation , just a conversation I had with a builder about quality of a DND job and TV report on poor construction industry resulting in snag increase, mainly down to customers suddenly realising theirs a price to pay for quality

So what I'm getting to is the use of framework ensures top quality and set up to do it as standard on site for hardwall just isn't done , and just the suggestion brings out the men in white coats , people think that it looks amateur and don't consider traditional methods , knock on benefits have no interest to few other than small concerns
Use of what framework you nutcase?

Might do homemade tools next topic , when you popping by to look at my mid joists ceiling , ..

Might do homemade tools next topic , when you popping by to look at my mid joists ceiling , ..
I have made and had made a fair few items over the years.
I'll be popping over to view your mid joist ceiling just after hell freezes over.

to be honest @Havagojo I often wonder how these beg churches were built using no modern day tech and yet I would say built a lot better than anything built in this day and age.

Look at some of the blockwork with about 2mm of mortar between them it is perfection