trowel

Members online

carys

It gone so fuking complicated purchasing a skiming trowel u need five trowel to do the job not like years ago one trowel do the job and last you a couple of years lol what the best finishing trowel for skim on the market does my head in so many trowels

It gone so fuking complicated purchasing a skiming trowel u need five trowel to do the job not like years ago one trowel do the job and last you a couple of years lol what the best finishing trowel for skim on the market does my head in so many trowels
A marshaltown that's broken in can apply, flatten and last trowel the wall and ceiling , it's not complicated ,it's just an over marketed ploy, plastering is simple and simple people do it , the skimmers i.e. Those that only can do skim work are looking for tools that make them look like they can plaster ,hence all the new trowels, yes ,some of the new trowels ease the job but these trowels are far from essential .

A marshaltown that's broken in can apply, flatten and last trowel the wall and ceiling , it's not complicated ,it's just an over marketed ploy, plastering is simple and simple people do it , the skimmers i.e. Those that only can do skim work are looking for tools that make them look like they can plaster ,hence all the new trowels, yes ,some of the new trowels ease the job but these trowels are far from essential .
Thanks m8 if'e got a good marshal trowel as sharp as f**k does the job .the speed skim makes life easy can't fault That but your rhight about the trowels it money making like anything else in life

Do you use the speed skim?
I bought a set ,couldn't really warm to it , it was good for big flat walls or ceilings ,I put it on very flat so couldn't see the point . My younger cousin 31 loves them ,loves using the pole from the ground ,with the spat and speed skim, it looks efficient when he does , he doesn't put it on flat as I do ,says there's no need , it is like a lot of things in life ,what works for one doesn't for another , I can't dismiss these tools as the are obviously great for some, just not for me

I bought a set ,couldn't really warm to it , it was good for big flat walls or ceilings ,I put it on very flat so couldn't see the point . My younger cousin 31 loves them ,loves using the pole from the ground ,with the spat and speed skim, it looks efficient when he does , he doesn't put it on flat as I do ,says there's no need , it is like a lot of things in life ,what works for one doesn't for another , I can't dismiss these tools as the are obviously great for some, just not for me
I'm the same I use to put it on flat but change my way get it on as quick as I can get this speed skim on get more tea break lol

been using marshalltown for years then a few different trowels hit the market and boom your using 4 different trowel’s for each F*****g set, But on the other hand I’m guilty of jumping on the new revolutionary trowel band wagon and I found a mix of trowel’s that does the business every time. My mix is I use an original marshalltown for laying on 1st coat skimming, Flat it with a refina 16”s*p*r*lex lay it down with original then trowel up with marshalltown permaflex, get over it wet give it 5-10 mins go over it again go a 3rd time if Poss then start next set by the time you flat 2nd set you can finish the 1st set.This trowel set up works for me I’ve used the plastic trowels and speedskims but find I get a good smooth flatter finish with my trowel set up. My names Dan and this was my 1st rant on here.

Liked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f**k that I have a Nela to put on and marshaltown to finish , all b*ll***s with all these lads getting it like glass . I’m to old for the bull s**t trowel finish as long as it’s flat it’s fine
Do you play chess bud?

been using marshalltown for years then a few different trowels hit the market and boom your using 4 different trowel’s for each F*****g set, But on the other hand I’m guilty of jumping on the new revolutionary trowel band wagon and I found a mix of trowel’s that does the business every time. My mix is I use an original marshalltown for laying on 1st coat skimming, Flat it with a refina 16”s*p*r*lex lay it down with original then trowel up with marshalltown permaflex, get over it wet give it 5-10 mins go over it again go a 3rd time if Poss then start next set by the time you flat 2nd set you can finish the 1st set.This trowel set up works for me I’ve used the plastic trowels and speedskims but find I get a good smooth flatter finish with my trowel set up. My names Dan and this was my 1st rant on here.
Way to over complicated for me, different strokes for different folks, Mt Xtralite from start to finish job done!

Average price for m t extralites here is between 60 / 70 Euro, went into one tool shop recently they were looking 90 Euro for the Marshalltown flex and 39 Euro for a standard emir float, I didn't hang around very long.