trowel trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottyman

recently purchased a new marshalltown trowel mpb16ssd permashape pre worn. and i am a bit concerned about the machine marks that are running along both edges and across the middle of the trowel. i would of expected it to be completely smooth,is this normal or will the marks eventualy wear down? have reverted back to my trusty old tyzack for the time being.

Yeah it's normal mate it still needs breaking in a bit till it's smooth :RpS_thumbup:

They are marketed as "ready to go" or "worn in" or whatever but they still need a few hundred meters of s+c to get them anything near ready for skimming.

Will take a short while mate, use it for laying on, and finish with your current finishing trowel, sooner or later you'll be able to use it for the whole process, keeping your old one as a back up.

noel youre meant to back me up here. you saw how good my trowel was after 1 session breaking it in. i did it twice since then!

is it your first trowel? is it isnt then just follow the advice above if not then sendding it to beddy will be your best option unless you just crack on but you will have to be careful wen rubbing up caz one slip and u will catch your skim haha nightmare wen that happens

Will take a short while mate, use it for laying on, and finish with your current finishing trowel, sooner or later you'll be able to use it for the whole process, keeping your old one as a back up.

I do the opposite, use the new one for polishing, then second trowel once its taken the edge off. Always use my old one for scratching and laying as I want to get the stuff on as smoothly and quickly as possible.

Nowt like a good rendering job to break a trowel in :RpS_thumbup:

I got a new pair of work boots from my misus,

How much would you take to break them in.

If she's from stratford you can keep her mate. I dont have enough money to take care of her.

I spent half a day with a sharpening stone, followed by **** loads of wet n dry 600 grade.

Well it was a brand spanking tyzak and couldn't wait to use it lol. Got it sharp as a knife though haha

Been trying to break a mt gold in for the past few months now, when i use it for polishing it seems to tear the plaster and cause tiger stripes so i always revert back to my old one. Due to give up on it

av got more chance of getting it than you beddy cos your a gers fan........:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.