Trowel neglect

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
So you have a build up of finish on your trowel after months of working and the stuff is like stone on both sides of the blade. How do you guys go about cleaning it?

leave it to soak in water over the weekend, get most of it off with a blade scraper (staying away from the edges) let it dry then sand paper to get the rest off

lucius is bang on with the vinegar...

plus, you know your wetbrush, the old one, the one that looks like bob marley on a bad hair day?

stick that in some vinegar for an hour or two and its gonna end looking like david ginola on a silvikrin photoshoot!

better still, next time you got the old 'salt neutraliser' out... just paint it on with yer wetbrush and kill two in one..

^^ Know what you mean about the bob Marley bad hair day brush Chris:RpS_biggrin:

Has anyone ever seen kebabs trowel,, fckin spotless he should have an award for it,,,,,,,,,
hang on,,,, unless he never uses it!:RpS_sneaky:

Me too. I was struggling to get water on the ceiling with a stupid, baldy, heavy wooden brush. I thought, FUK this and binned it. Got myself a nice lightweight 4" brush. soooo much easier to handle and great for the angles!

i also threw away a bob brush to day then bought anouthert wetting in brush 30 odd quid put you have to spend money to accumulate money i spose.
a mate of mine left a trowel in a bucket of patio cleaner and forgot about it wen he went back all that was left was the handel haha:RpS_laugh: true story.
he diddnt see the funny side though

You should try a karcher & sponge combo mate:RpS_thumbup:
Then a plastic caulking board to finish:RpS_wink:

Seeing double :RpS_biggrin: a few more of these then maybe :RpS_wink:
Don't know why it's doing that JR I'm on me phone & signal is shite I'm only pressing post button once so.... Maybe signal changing or summat
I'm in Dorset at the mo maybe tractor interference:rolleyes)

It must be the Sommmmmersettt effect! Weird accents doon there. Must be all that straw hangin' oot their mooths or somethin' !!!

It must be the Sommmmmersettt effect! Weird accents doon there. Must be all that straw hangin' oot their mooths or somethin' !!!

Too rite cant understand them at all.
Still can't believe jj went on holiday the week I'm down here he's only 1hr50 from
me here :RpS_laugh:
I could have met him half way for a fight or a kebab or even a pint:rolleyes)
He told me simplybesty is half hr from where i am, but it's the accent mate i ain't got a clue what there rambling on about:RpS_laugh:

I leave my skimming bucket filled up with water on weekends, and keep all my stainless trowels and tools in there, quick rinse off on a monday and there basicly brand new....On site will leave everything in the waterbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.