Trowel dilemmas

Members online

vfr12

MOTORC*NT
On a small jobs like today sometimes I do try different approaches/ trowels etc to see if anything can be improved or made easier . Bought the new nela plastic trowel a month ago and never tried it and decided to give it a go today. I usually pull few out to try at the same time on the same background so the results can be quite close and accurate. First stroke with the plastic and guess what, took the plaster off! To make it stiffer they didn’t change the plastic only, but the angle of the blade too. I had to open the trowe much more than I will do with any metal blade. Got there at the end tbh. With all the trowels on the market today we must have been spoiled or robbed, it depends how you approach the wall and how adaptive you are. On domestic jobs I can honestly say one trowel + speedskim is more than enough. On site however, when you chasing the m2 you don’t know when and what trowel might be the best choice. If I have to chose one trowel only the carbon is the winner. Everything else is just an entourage tbh .
050EB03D-7169-46FA-91BD-6D9F5B43F916.jpeg

Ive been F*****g about with few different trowels latley.

Honestly dont know what the f**k i make of them all and when to use them if im honest!

Ive been F*****g about with few different trowels latley.

Honestly dont know what the f**k i make of them all and when to use them if im honest!
I'll,put it this way
Stiff blade anytime
Soft blade at the end
The most undesirable and useless and complete c**t is the mediflex. Still trying to justify the purchase!

Lads I smash the fuuck out of plots day in day out.......these new trowels are useless unless your putting on big hits.
Small gauges are an absolute pain in the arse......the best way for any flex trowel is too abuse the fuucking thing.
Who gives a fuuck if it breaks in 2 months grab another and fuuck it again lol.
Small hits will bash your head in they pull the water to the surface.
Asyouwere pikey c**ts xx

I have three trowels I use but, aside from my mt being obvious, I use them differently and at different times or not at all on intuition. Depends on what I’m going over.